Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Section A/B reverse times?

Go down 
+2
bigfoot
BeamierMoth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

Section A/B reverse times? Empty
PostSubject: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:55 pm

On the subject of your personal bests (but in a new thread so as to not become a nuisance in the other), what times do you run on both sections? I've run almost exclusively Section A reverse since I purchased the game...well, when it was released. I'm just curious as to which section in particular I need to work on most to shave off that extra...well, I won't embarrass myself.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Run full course and set up your own checkpoints. Although this may distract u and be the root of your problem. Point is times are almost irrelevant on sectors cause no one runs them as religiously as we do the whole hill. To answer your question or at least an attempt : br 2:45 should be respectable n like 2:05-2:10 ish for ar +/-
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:45 pm

What I would recommend is that you watch replays and race ghosts of people that have ran those sections in the same car as you.

This helps you know what line is the fastest and for sure possible with that car ( Some lines are possible in certain cars while other lines are not possible ) and how to generally improve your line. For example in the MX-5 Superlight you can floor it in some parts of the track where other cars must slow down due to the tire sizes.

I would also recommend watching your own replays to understand where you lost grip, could have floored it earlier, how to take the corners better and smoother, and all that kind of information.
Back to top Go down
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Oh, I'm doing that, and in TRACK races online, I'm generally very competitive. I've never played around on the mountain with you lot though, and from the sounds of it, there'd be no point anyway.
I don't use the cars you all use though; I have no interest in the toogay dorifto FnF machines du jour, no offense. I'm tuning a Versa right now. I'm thinking of trying a Talon or a Syclone. I'm just trying to figure out where I can try and improve my tuning/technique to at least try and make up the handicap. I don't mind losing, I do mind not being in sight at the finish line.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:09 pm

If you want to improve your tuning abilities you can visit this thread MiNdChArGeR made here on Touge Union.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:26 pm

lol juan away from 1000 posts kona lol
Back to top Go down
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Well, my FWD grocery getter is at 4:51.708. I'll chalk the missing 15 seconds up to black magic and the power of Takumi.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:51 am

BeamierMoth wrote:
Oh, I'm doing that, and in TRACK races online, I'm generally very competitive. I've never played around on the mountain with you lot though, and from the sounds of it, there'd be no point anyway.

Aww why not? I've wanted to get more experience on the circuit lately but the mountain can be fun too.

BeamierMoth wrote:
I don't use the cars you all use though; I have no interest in the toogay dorifto FnF machines du jour, no offense. I'm tuning a Versa right now. I'm thinking of trying a Talon or a Syclone.

Isn't the Syclone a truck?

You could always look at the leaderboards to see what good times are for sections. Since you don't like our "toogay dorifto FnF machines" i'd just hop in a Lotus Elise and not hit a wall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:25 am

Yes, the Syclone is a truck - but one capable of weighing under 3,000 lbs. I'll just keep tuning and testing the Versa. I'll get it down.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:20 am

I'll be honest with you unless that truck has some monstrous tires and you get a ton of practice on the mountain I wouldn't bet on it getting anywhere past 4:45. Good luck though, it would be kind of hilarious to see a fast truck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:58 pm

I think I found my ride in one of the DLC packs. I hadn.t played FM4 in 6 months or so, missex out on some nice rides. Now it's tunijg and tinkering time. 4:47 and counting!
Back to top Go down
ducky9r
Water Spiller
ducky9r

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:42 pm

What r u using on dlc?
Back to top Go down
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm

I tried a Karmann Ghia. Worked we'll, but it was turbo and had a 5,000 rpm redline. Got bored, went back to.my FWDs. You'll see my Kia eventually, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Section A/B reverse times?   Section A/B reverse times? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Section A/B reverse times?
Page 1 of 1