Forza Motorsport's Touge Community
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eggroll Chan
Wakaba
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Hey I was wondering if you any of you have any tips for making a 4WD touge car fast?

ex. Subaru, Mitsubishi Cars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
avatar

Posts : 5215
Join date : 2012-12-08
Age : 23
Location : San Juan, PR

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:06 pm

They are already really fast with the default settings but if you make the front diff accel/decel settings the same as an FF then your good I guess.

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eggroll Chan
Wakaba
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Ok, how do you make the differential settings the same as an FF car?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver


Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm

http://tougeunion.forumotion.com/t655-awd-understeer

http://tougeunion.forumotion.com/t46-touge-tuning-guide-updated

Do some reading. Also if you aren't too good at tuning there are a couple tuning shops on the forums that would be willing to help you out.

I always tune an awd to be stiffer in the rear than the front, with diff settings of F:20/0 R:30/20 C:80%

_

911 RS #277 B-Class NDH: 4'40"924
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eggroll Chan
Wakaba
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:41 am

Steinkrunk wrote:
http://tougeunion.forumotion.com/t655-awd-understeer

http://tougeunion.forumotion.com/t46-touge-tuning-guide-updated

Do some reading. Also if you aren't too good at tuning there are a couple tuning shops on the forums that would be willing to help you out.

I always tune an awd to be stiffer in the rear than the front, with diff settings of F:20/0 R:30/20 C:80%

Ok thanks. I'll check it out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1109
Join date : 2012-12-19
Age : 31
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:57 am

I love awd cars, been racing with em for a quite some time. Though not as fast as wrd cars but still fun Smile

_
Moving to Xbox One.
I miss touge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1340
Join date : 2012-12-09
Age : 21
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 am

Well, if you're driving in A-class, AWD is idiot-proof, just apply normal upgrade paths like widest tires possible, race tires, race weight reduction, and whammo- touge monster! Of course, fine tuning will always help, but for a beginner all you need are some accelerated gears and your braking preference, the rest is up to you.

For B-class you're going to have a rough time building one while staying within 500PI, the Ford Escort is the only popular AWD in it's class to my knowledge...

_


Youtube || Twitter ||  Steam || XBL: StrawberryGL / PSN: StrawberryFC
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Eggroll Chan
Wakaba
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 am

StrawberryGL wrote:
Well, if you're driving in A-class, AWD is idiot-proof, just apply normal upgrade paths like widest tires possible, race tires, race weight reduction, and whammo- touge monster! Of course, fine tuning will always help, but for a beginner all you need are some accelerated gears and your braking preference, the rest is up to you.

For B-class you're going to have a rough time building one while staying within 500PI, the Ford Escort is the only popular AWD in it's class to my knowledge...

Alright thanks Strawberry.


Last edited by Eggroll Chan on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eggroll Chan
Wakaba
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 am

Hybrid Comet wrote:
I love awd cars, been racing with em for a quite some time. Though not as fast as wrd cars but still fun Smile

Yeah they're are a lot of fun! They're petty fast if you know what you're doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite


Posts : 2970
Join date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 pm

talkin for myself theyre even fast if you dont xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2012-12-17
Age : 27
Location : NEPA

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm

I had the "fastest evo" on the boards for odh for a while. Until kooraid and mulchy decided to piss in my cherios. I love em. IMO b class has no place for awd. If I run a class its usually awd

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bukkaz
Fujiwara
avatar

Posts : 3436
Join date : 2012-12-09
Age : 28
Location : Stafford, England

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Im getting a new downhill and uphill car for A class on Monday or tuesday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eggroll Chan
Wakaba
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:12 pm

bukkaz wrote:
Im getting a new downhill and uphill car for A class on Monday or tuesday

Nice. What car are you planning to get?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1109
Join date : 2012-12-19
Age : 31
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:37 am

BlAcK Kn1gHt 1 wrote:
talkin for myself theyre even fast if you dont xD

Exactly right Wink

_
Moving to Xbox One.
I miss touge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?   

Back to top Go down
 
Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Tips for tuning 4WD A class touge cars?
» Show Your Touge Cars
» *Touge tips & tuning*
» Professor Zabbey's Guide to B Class Tuning
» Unusual touge cars

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touge Union :: Forza Motorsport Section-
Jump to: