Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)

Go down 
+5
KraZe
Steinkrunk
Velarys
lBrawnyemperoRl
Old King
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:56 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
If we all used to same tires, whether they were sport or race, skill isn't based on the tires but experience. I'm actually curious now on how fast I could get with sports and compare to my race tires to see the time difference.
Same here. I'm guessing sport tires would add about 3-4 seconds in your lap time?
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 pm

I do, and thanks. :3

A few of the more popular cars that are really low class probably won't be able to get as full a PI with an all-Sport bar so even if I wanted to it wouldn't be fair. But the tires are and always will be a must with me.

I don't look down on anyone who uses slicks in touge, I look down on the slicks. I just don't arrange battles where they are sanctioned. If I wanted slicks, I'd hit the tracks.

And not to step on anyone's toes, but based on facts alone. Sport tires will force a person to be more attentive and reserved, because they wear quicker, don't put as much rubber to the road, heat up much differently and aren't made of a compound that's designed to perform at certain peak heat/pressure. In short it's more than just getting higher times, it's a fact. That's like trying to say 3+3 = 10, even though 3+3 will always equal 6. To me, this is how touge should always be, and as I said I dislike public lobbies and only touge when I can arrange it with friends or other crews, so it matters to me not. Though I thank you for your valuable input.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:09 pm

It's something that just can't be decided by lap times, like lower class cars are slower but not less skillful, and most importantly forza aero, which makes cars faster but everyone considers it cheap. You could also run cosmetic damage so wear wouldn't matter.

It's really difficult to say, but I do like that you will enforce that, it's always cool to try different uncommon rule sets Smile
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Right, that reminds me, TU doesn't usually run all-Sims? O.O
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:14 pm

i always do if i host a lobby full sim damage. I only leave the steering up to the drivers
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Old King, what's your gamer tag?
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:18 pm

SMR Old King
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Everyone has their own preferences, there isn't one agrees damage setting , usually I put it on limited so that people don't crash and demolish others so they can't race.
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:56 pm

What happened? You said you wanted to race in 15 then you started playing halo? -___-
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Ooooh. Sorry XD... I didn't get your message till later and I had already Touge'd with some people including knight. Tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 am

yeah good times but that genesis obviously isnt any good for grip touge xD
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 pm

^ yup.
I think I only ran a couple of runs with you last night, but the difference between sport and race (all mine are) tires should be obvious.
If we could restrict it in public lobbies, then I'd be the same as you. But we cant, so slicks it is.

Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:38 pm

I think he was referring to the fact that it weighs 3,500 lbs. I'm not all too concerned with how people run themselves as far as public lobbies go, I virtually never really go to publics for touge, so it matters to me not, really. I have to stop trying to be unique and using hella heavy cars though (especially V8's) haha.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:13 pm

True that they simply are no good for touge Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2