Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touge Rules

Go down 
+6
Velarys
Hybrid Comet
Steinkrunk
KraZe
bukkaz
PepsRocks
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PepsRocks
Water Spiller
PepsRocks

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:24 pm

When I first started touge racing, I had landed on a thread on the Forza forums, the rules there were much different than yours and to be quite honest, I think they made a bit more sense than yours. I'm thinking so since touge racing is done on public roads, it's a street race, and their rules were made to keep the cars street legal, the point were they differ from yours are : Nothing higher than sport tires, nothing highter than sport weight reduction, no roll cages and forza aero was allowed. Just throwing that out there, wondering what you're think about those rules.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Well if you prefer to use sports tires rather than race tires then thats totally cool. Its just a majority of us would like to push our cars to there limits and get the best time we can on the mountain. Different people like different things I spose Smile just do whatever makes you happy man Smile
Back to top Go down
PepsRocks
Water Spiller
PepsRocks

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm not saying it's bad to use race tires, I'm just saying it's more touge-ish to use street legal parts, see where I'm going ? I use race tires when I can, anyway, I need those to race the likes of you anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Oh no dint get me wrong I know where your coming from Smile u like it more realistic Smile haha you will get faster and faster man. Everyone thats joined touge union has got loads faster
Back to top Go down
PepsRocks
Water Spiller
PepsRocks

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I just need to learn the limits of my cars, I'm getting faster and faster with the EK9 you've probably seen me in.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm

The problem was that you cannot restrict race weight reduction, race tires, and forza aero in public lobbies. Since we could not control what people used on their cars, the only thing that was left was to fully upgrade our cars with the exception of forza aero because unlike the other mods, forza aero is CLEARLY visible and identifiable. You can't really tell if someone is going slow because they're noobs or because they have sport tires on. Neutral The "Street Legal" rules were meant for specific battles or events, much like the Touge 200/300/MAX rules that no one really uses lol.
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Yea even in hot version touge 200/300/max sometimes the tuners would break the rules. In the 200 class you were supposed to have full interior and a/c. SPOON showed up with a stripped out civic that only had a driver's seat.

Plus people run the touge at night, with illegal cars. Who's to say they never run R comps or stripped out chassis or roll cages. Hell, most of my past cars have fit that bill, other than a roll cage.
Back to top Go down

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Some ppl also say only Japanese cars but I use America muscle and can keep up with just about anyone with them. So its all preference
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Steinkrunk wrote:
Yea even in hot version touge 200/300/max sometimes the tuners would break the rules. In the 200 class you were supposed to have full interior and a/c. SPOON showed up with a stripped out civic that only had a driver's seat.

Plus people run the touge at night, with illegal cars. Who's to say they never run R comps or stripped out chassis or roll cages. Hell, most of my past cars have fit that bill, other than a roll cage.
This is Chris Banning and his 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR
Touge Rules 4235265526_b6c5ce1688
It had race slicks, stripped interior, acid-dipped body, no forza aero lol and was considered the undisputed King of Mulholland Dr. back in the 70s.

Last edited by KraZe on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:33 pm

What does acid dripped body mean?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:37 pm

The body of the car is LITERALLY lowered and sunk into a bath mixture of acids to eat away some of the metal mass. The body becomes thinner and therefore lighter, but it also becomes less rigid and flexible so reinforcements such as a roll cage are usually necessary. These things are only done on purpose built race cars. Just goes to show that some street racers aren't driving street legal cars lol.
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:57 pm

I used to participate in very restricted touge races, it was fun to a certain point, but imo the forzas own pi system works better.
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:18 pm

When I started racing touge, I used to avoid race rubber. Then I realised if I wanted to be competitive, I'd have to. I justify it to myself with the fact that these days, I'm sure there are street legal tires that surpass our forza slicks.
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:21 pm

I've seen plenty of people use race/drag/slick type tires in all sorts of races on the streets IRL. As long as it is OK between the two individuals racing each other then no worries.

Pretty much same goes for Forza IMO. Back before I even knew a touge community existed I used to hold battles between my team mates and in a lot of those we did not use race tires. (As you can see in some of my earlier touge videos) I think that was mainly because we believed ourselves to be "garage built racers". Therefor street/sport tires were more sensible.

Now days I just want to be the fastest I can possibly be without Forza aeros. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 pm

^^ you can say that again pal Smile
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Yeah theres no way real way restrict any such rules other than visible aero.
Everyone is striving to be faster than the next guy in public lobbies.
So if one person is running fast on race tires i'm not going to handicap myself to street/sports.
Its the only way to thoroughly even out the playing field.

If forza gave options for street/race restrictions i'm sure no one here would complain.

Hell, if you havent noticed, P2P public lobbies are already scarce
So when people do host a "street" public P2P lobby which sometimes is the one and only lobby open, 90% of random/noobie people who join are unprepared because they obviously dont know the rules.

If your'e the host, have fun getting pissed off at all the people running race tires in your lobby that you cant enforce other than kicking people.

Anything goes minus forza aero is cleary the easiest option to enforce.
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm

i feel like you just had yourself a moment there koolaid
Back to top Go down
PepsRocks
Water Spiller
PepsRocks

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Bah, if I remember right my EK9 doesn't have race tires or race weight reduction, can't remember which one it doesn't have but hell, it's still competitive as f-. It just needs a better driver.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Race tires are always necessary for a car to be competitive, maybe a lotus elise can get away using them.

Even down to sport tires probably would be a 10 second difference.

As far as those rules, I am perfectly fine with them, the very first touge competition that I participated in had similar rules, no race parts etc, only street tires, etc etc

But in public lobbies there are no place for them like many have said before.

We can always have a competition with those rules, maybe that will shake up the competition a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Edward40Hands wrote:
i feel like you just had yourself a moment there koolaid
i was just trying to state the general consensus and whats simple lol.

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
We can always have a competition with those rules, maybe that will shake up the competition a bit Very Happy
Even so, enforcing street tires would still be a pain in the ass for a comp unless the host can really trust the racers.
Even if a shady racer sends the tune to be inspected, if they're willing to give it up, come race day they can easily run a different build with race tires and the same PI.

As far as public lobbies goes, the way i see it is that any thing goes as long as it meets the restrictions unless stated in the lobby name.
That being said, i'll build my cars accordingly to the unwritten rules to be the fastest it can be.

One of the reasons i think its annoying is that late last year the [AMDA] team started calling me out on my B500 s2k on the uphill complaining i was on race tires, using forza aero and have no skill when i demolished them L O L.

Here is what makes their team a joke,
- the s2k is torque less, dull, and slow in B class uphill, my disadvantage
- they were in B500 max with street tires meaning their car has more power than my own car on an uphill, my disadvantage
- I had a sport wing on my s2k..., wut?
- they had no race title and expected me to know rules that i didnt know of? my utter confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Touge Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Rules   Touge Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touge Rules
Page 1 of 1