Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest

Go down 
+2
KraZe
King914
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Empty
PostSubject: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 pm

These are the finalists to my contest. if you wanna help judge it would be awesome .Chose over all witch 1 you like best if you can explain why it would be great but you dont have to. Thanks Union

#1[img]Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Adrian10[/img]

#2[img]Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Alex_d10[/img]

#3[img]Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Geo_db10[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 pm

This is good till tomorrow
Back to top Go down
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Number 1: this drawing is very good some flaws but, the facial shading is on point with goku. i feel like its soo much with vegeta it makes the right side of his face look square ish. Also the shading on the clothes is half ass but, the detail on vegeta's arm, his armor, all awesome....

Number 2: i like the simplicity in the nice soft colors looks good, not as much detail as 1, but just means less things you can mess up on.......

Number 3: BOO isn't the easiest to draw bc of all the pink shading you gotta do, and how shiny the motherfucker always is but, on the bright side very soft color which i like. The person doesn't over due the the drawing with immense colors on.

so honestly it can go either way number 1 or 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Damm. Nice imput. But if you have to go with just 1 witch 1?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Damn this is hard... First one is perfect except for Vegeta's face, Second one is perfect except for the coloring, Third one is perfect but is simpler than the previous two...

I vote #3
#1 as a close 2nd place
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:29 pm

#3 hit the ball out of the park. Proportions are dead on, shading is killer and they could have filled the background with a bunch of bullshit but they didnt. They let the eye focus on the character, and instead of seeing how well they shaded that tree in the background you can see all the details in the skin tones and I think that really puts it above the rest.

#1 has vegeta's head all effed up, they have a problem with proportions(also notice goku's fingers)

#2 looks like they took some time on it but they could have probably spent some more time shading and whatnot.

How old are all these contestants? That would also change my opinion on some of them and to forgive some of the flaws. But unless #1 is in middle school they need to pay more attention in art class. Getting proportions right is the first step to making an awesome drawing.

Last edited by Steinkrunk on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:31 pm

KraZe wrote:
Damn this is hard... First one is perfect except for Vegeta's face, Second one is perfect except for the coloring, Third one is perfect but is simpler than the previous two...

I vote #3
#1 as a close 2nd place

ima have to agree krazeeee
Back to top Go down
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Steinkrunk wrote:
#3 hit the ball out of the park. Proportions are dead on, shading is killer and they could have filled the background with a bunch of bullshit but they didnt. They let the eye focus on the character, and instead of seeing how well they shaded that tree in the background you can see all the details in the skin tones and I think that really puts it above the rest.

#1 has vegeta's head all effed up, they have a problem with proportions(also notice goku's fingers)

#2 looks like they took some time on it but they could have probably spent some more time shading and whatnot.

How old are all these contestants? That would also change my opinion on some of them and to forgive some of the flaws. But unless #1 is in middle school they need to pay more attention in art class. Getting proportions right is the first step to making an awesome drawing.

i mean the person might just practice drawing goku more then vegeta bc goku's face is perfect or atleast close too it there is a lil dip in the cheek line going to his jaw! Still better then what i can draw!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 pm

LOL ill tell u guys age of ppl who did these.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 pm

When its over tonight at midnight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Ppl on my Facebook are also judging. I'm counting all votes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:13 am

Well #3 was the winner. Done by my sister. She's 22.
#1 & #2 was a tie.
#2 was made by my sisters husband he's 26
#1 was made by me. It was done in Crayola markers so mistakes couldn't be reversed. You guys are tough judge's but I like it.

Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 am

Woooaaahh haha YOU made #1!? It was really good! and your sister has talent! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 am

Yeah thanks. I honestly haven't done anything since 2007 or 8.. She does i tought her some. all she needs is to expand to more than just color pencil. I can do much better in a canvas with acrylic paint or water colors. My next goal is to teach her that
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:51 am

Well i'm a little late, but man #1 was great except for Vegeta's face. If that had been done right i'd pick that easily. I like the art of #2, but the coloring is a little dull. #3 looks the best overall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:39 am

Thanks man. I tried but cheap crayola markers are no good. Lost my color pensils since I haven't use them. But there will be more competitions. Maybe next time union can join.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:18 am

#2 is awesome other people critisized the colours but i like just that it doesnt slap you with them. Allows to focus more on the motive and execution. Which is near to perfection to me. So my vote would have been #2
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 am

The best advice I can give you is use a light pencil to do a "rough draft", then you can erase if you make mistakes or whatnot and you won't be able to see it under the marker. That said your family is pretty talented!! Lol I remember when I was in highschool I used to draw all the time, I had a book I kept as a portfolio that had everything from landscapes to anime characters to car drawings. I had a lot of time in that book and then someone stole it and that pretty much ended my artistic phase.

Sorry if you thought my creative criticism was alittle rough but when I was in high school I was the best in my class and I would always get pissed when my classmates would praise a piece that even I saw flaws in. I could only count on the teacher to give me an honest opinion and I was thankful for it. It helps you figure out what you need to work on and that helped me get better and better.

All that being said I haven't really drawn since highschool and I suck now lol. I probably couldn't come close to any of those drawings lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:43 am

@steinkrunk LOL I was the same way in high-school. I like the criticism will make me do better next time. This 1 I rushed and didn't have the right tools. Used Crayola markers and to make it worse I used a cheap glossy paper I got from Office Depot so the paint would not stick. Look at the fingers ,paint kinda runny. Next time ill do a better job and wont rush it. Cant let my little sister beat me.
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 am

My pick would be #3.

Great job on proportions, shading, and the line work is VERY clean.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest    Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come Judge the 3 final drawings for my DBZ contest
Page 1 of 1