Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touge Tune Database

Go down 
+25
GoverningNick
that slime kb
AFR1CAN SL1D3R
Mulchy
SladeZer0
V19Triumph68V
Avanti
vicnitro
ducky9r
Yaksack69
sR Je Six
CheekyChips
Steinkrunk
SaintedPlacebo4
LEVINx86
Wilson
Konasumi
bukkaz
KraZe
Calsonic
MiNd
StrawberryGL
Rotary
Ryosuke Takahashi
Smooth92
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 pm

KraZe wrote:
The AE86 will always have a tendency to oversteer because of its old design. Also the fattest tires you can install are mere 225s (same problem with the FC3S). The good thing about the 86 is its insane acceleration (like what 7.2-7.4 in B-class right?) so when driving it you have to maximize its strengths (exit speed, straights (ironic right?), and nimble body) while keeping its faults at bay (skinny tires which result in: a tendency to oversteer, relatively lower cornering speed, relatively bad braking).
But hey, Betadood and Wilson have proven these things wrong so see if you can ask them for tips or something Laughing
All in all, just practice with it enough and keeping the 86 under control will become second nature.
Thanks for the time u have taken on giving me this advice Very Happy it ok to add u on xbl?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Sure but I won't be able to accept it until next Monday since I'm still in my college finals bounce
GT: il KraZe li
(the l are actually Ls not Is)
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 pm

KraZe wrote:
Sure but I won't be able to accept it until next Monday since I'm still in my college finals bounce
GT: il KraZe li
(the l are actually Ls not Is)
that's cool man thanks :-)
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke Takahashi
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm

So hour after hour of trying to get a clean 4:50... I've given up for now. 4:51.083 dirty is what I ended up with. Trying to be fast and not go dirty is terrible. Idk how ya'll do it. The FC is starting to feel in well though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Insertgamertag
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

"Rome wasn't built in a day"
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Ryosuke Takahashi wrote:
So hour after hour of trying to get a clean 4:50... I've given up for now. 4:51.083 dirty is what I ended up with. Trying to be fast and not go dirty is terrible. Idk how ya'll do it. The FC is starting to feel in well though.

Overall, I have probably put in a good 6 or 7 hours over the last few weeks of hot lapping just to shave .5 off my time and keep it clean. Still haven't achieved that goal yet :/
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 pm

I've put in about 0 hours over the past 4 months Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
I saw "RedSuns Ryosuke" consistently run 4:40, 4:41s, so Grave is 3rd fastest FC Very Happy

Oh yeah, I remember now. We should be running pretty even times at this point, might be a fun race.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Dang, a 4:36... I've barely driven the new/old downhill too. I'm gonna need practice. What stage is that time for again? That one and the 4:37.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Calsonic wrote:
Dang, a 4:36... I've barely driven the new/old downhill too. I'm gonna need practice. What stage is that time for again? That one and the 4:37.

New Downhill, the New downhill is the main attraction, usually the track for most public lobbies and usually the time on which your skill is based. etc
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:01 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
New Downhill, the New downhill is the main attraction, usually the track for most public lobbies and usually the time on which your skill is based. etc

Yep, everyone mostly sticks to the New Downhill. Don't let that keep you from the other stages though, they're all important.
Back to top Go down
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Ok thanks guys. Smile

I'm not going for #1 because that's not possible, but I do want to get a good time.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Calsonic wrote:
Ok thanks guys. Smile

I'm not going for #1 because that's not possible, but I do want to get a good time.

Just set goals for yourself, Im not sure what times your running but I'll just give a general goal

4:50 would be the first goal, breaking into the 40s is the most important, there is alot of competition there and most of the touge community run somewhere in the 40s. There are fewer and fewer as you get closer to 4:40.

Anything below 4:40 is amazing. Many of the known teams on the touge scene have a few members running under 4:40.

Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 pm

New Down Hill is normally run in friendly battles and for Hot laps, but for Comps and Time Trials it's normally either B reverse or A reverse.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:12 pm

IMO A fast time on either the New or Old Hillclimb deserves more respect than your downhill time if you did it in a RWD Neutral Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Calsonic wrote:
Ok thanks guys. Smile

Like MiNd said. Just set goals for yourself. I used to run 5:15's in my MX-5 when I first started, now I run about 4:38 on average because of the goals I set.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm hoping that after the first event, which will be downhill and is in the planning stage atm, that we can have an uphill event Very Happy

I actually really like the uphill, its just a rare occasion to see a pub lobby running uphill
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
I'm hoping that after the first event, which will be downhill and is in the planning stage atm, that we can have an uphill event Very Happy

I actually really like the uphill, its just a rare occasion to see a pub lobby running uphill

New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb New Hillclimb
Back to top Go down
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
Calsonic wrote:
Ok thanks guys. Smile

Just set goals for yourself, Im not sure what times your running but I'll just give a general goal

4:50 would be the first goal, breaking into the 40s is the most important, there is alot of competition there and most of the touge community run somewhere in the 40s. There are fewer and fewer as you get closer to 4:40.

Anything below 4:40 is amazing. Many of the known teams on the touge scene have a few members running under 4:40.

I'm gonna need to learn the lines and dial in my tune. It's gonna be a whole before I'm there haha. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: My 86 tune setup   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Ive put the info on my 86 up on here, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it corner better?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm no AE86 expert or anything, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would try increasing your brake pressure as well as biasing it towards the rear. I'd try around 110% pressure and 49-48% balance to start with.

Also keep in mind that an 86 will never really corner well. Your going to be walking a fine line every time you corner. Just concentrate on maximizing exit speed and try not to thrash it too much and you should get faster. My brother might be able to give you some more tuning tips, i'm sure he'll post here if he has anything for you.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:30 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
I'm no AE86 expert or anything, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would try increasing your brake pressure as well as biasing it towards the rear. I'd try around 110% pressure and 49-48% balance to start with.

Also keep in mind that an 86 will never really corner well. Your going to be walking a fine line every time you corner. Just concentrate on maximizing exit speed and try not to thrash it too much and you should get faster. My brother might be able to give you some more tuning tips, i'm sure he'll post here if he has anything for you.
Thanks for the advice man Smile
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:38 pm

bukkaz wrote:
Ive put the info on my 86 up on here, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it corner better?

Spoiler:

Added to the list, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm

I think he asked for feedback lol. I'm not sure he wanted that up there.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Calsonic wrote:
I think he asked for feedback lol. I'm not sure he wanted that up there.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touge Tune Database
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next