Share | 

How did you pick your Touge racer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 pm

So I originally picked my s13 because I've owned a couple of them in real life and love the s-chassis. I know its not the fastest but that didnt concern me, I just wanted to have a fast B-class s13. Recently, I decided to give the hakosuka GT-R a shot since of all the Nissans it was one of the few I haven't even attempted to make a pass in.

After a brief tuning session at Motegi I felt it was ready to try the mountain. Almost right out of the gate the hako bit me when I used too much throttle in the double-apex left hander. But after I got used to nursing the throttle I found I could feed it more and more. By the waterfall I was going full speed into corners and mashing the throttle on the way out. This car didnt under steer or push like my Silvia tended to do when pushed too hard. I managed to make it to the bottom unscathed and when I saw my time I was astonished! I just managed the same time in this wild beast as I did in my s13 I've spent so long fine tuning and learning.

So now I'm at a cross roads, continue trying to tame Godzilla or jump back into my tried and true s13 and forget this ever happened?

How did you guys settle on your current cars? Did you ever try and switch it up? I think I'm going to continue to drive the hako, I have much more tuning to do since I didn't really spend a lot of time with gearing or diff settings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bukkaz
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I settled with the AE86 because its my favorite car but its so hard to drive. Ive done everything to it to try and make myself go faster in it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 pm

My initial touge car was the gen 1 Miata, but I have really been liking my EK Civic and CR-X lately. I think for me the FF layout is a little more forgiving and the '97 has great handling off the bat so I'm able to push myself more through the corners.

_

BTE Films

Last edited by jusputitonmytab on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm still trying to make "my own" downhill touge car at the moment so far i've been running on mostly felons tunes and modified them minimally to match my style

but the touge car I use the most is my Uphill Evo 6 GSR my only touge car with a selfmade setup that is actually quick enough to compete Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiNd
Founder

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Every so often I just land on a car and stick with it for a while, at first when I started it was a 95 MR2, then a EG6, a 2 or 3 months ago it was an MR-S, and now Im on the Miata Gen 2.

I just have a love of japanese cars, my tastes just change occasionally in which individual car.

Switching cars adds to a drivers versatility, but its good to always have something to go back to

_

Street Version Member | Touge Union Founder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RodneyCDS
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm

My touge car is the DC2 integra. I chose this because I've have owned one before. Kind like mindcharger, I want to have the fastest DC2 on the downhill. Still working at it!

And my second car is the FD RX-7. I just recently got into liking them because in my opinion, such a beast. Those rotary engines are so sick, especially in real life. I just wish you could throw in a 20b or even a 26b. Lol but those are basically my 2 main touge cars. But I mainly run FWD. I'm just getting used to driving RWD on the touge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Celica ss1, then eg6 and now grande finale, ek9 Smile
I prefer in fwd cars. And since forza doesnt have ae111 levin, had to choose other cars Smile

_
Moving to Xbox One.
I miss touge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konasumi
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:37 pm

I drive the Superlight because it is something different, something new. It was also my first touge car that I raced against MiNd 6 months ago on his stream. When I used to run the MR-S a while back I used it because I really liked the Spoiler on it and the body style was really good as well to me. Razz

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:53 pm

I've really only had two cars. First one was my C-ONE MR-S which I loved because of its amazing balance and seemingly endless potential. The car was the definition of "Touge weapon" with its compact and lightweight body coupled with an MR layout and Sport wing, a terrifying thing to behold and I loved every inch of it. Sadly, due to particular circumstances, I found myself forced to abandon my MR-S and choose a new project car.

And that's where my current touge racer comes in, my Garage Vary MX-5. I chose the NB8C because I've always fancied this generation of miatas over the others, mostly by the looks alone. However, the car fit the criteria of a compact, lightweight, and balanced body, perfect for touge racing. It took some time (about three days) to nail a tune for it but once I did, I felt that the car communicated with me the same way my old MR-S did (by communicate I mean the way the forcefeedback kicks my hands as I drive).
I am more than happy with this car. My old one developed my skills as a racer, but I believe this one is constantly testing my abilities everytime I drive, as if it had a will of its own...

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas

Last edited by KraZe on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm

It's always been the rotaries for me, any kind of RX is my favorite. It's a little strange, but a couple years ago I was just getting into cars and racing, I was playing Gran Turismo 3 I think on the PS2. My brother, Betadood, had watched Initial D, so he bought us an AE86 for our first car. I drove it since we didn't have enough money for everything else. He would get mad because I kept trying to turbocharge it, and he wanted it to stay N/A. Razz

So i'm racing this little 86, and I started to really like the car. There was a race in which all the racers drove old school japanese cars, and in first place is this white car. Something about it was awesome, the way it sounded, the way it moved, so I got really close to it's bumper and got the name "RX-7" from it. Googled it from there, found it was called an FC, bought it in game, watched Initial D, and started to long for a touge course. Since Forza 4 had just come out, Beta and I split our money and picked it up back in 2011. We've been driving the RX-7 and AE86 ever since.

_

Youtube || Twitter ||  Steam || XBL: StrawberryGL / PSN: StrawberryFC
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:40 am

I really like the intro for Tokyo extreme racer drift. There's always an S15 being a bad ass. Plus its sexy. I always have liked American muscle too so now that I've gotten a bit better I thought I'd try something different.
Back to top Go down
Wilson
Founder

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:12 am

At first i would try to find a unique or different car that people would not think was fast and try and make it work because like a sleepers driver i liked the feeling you got when making people speechless.

_

Touge Union Founder
Sydney Time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:15 am

Wilson wrote:
At first i would try to find a unique or different car that people would not think was fast and try and make it work because like a sleepers driver i liked the feeling you got when making people speechless.

Like that RX-8? Jeez what was it again, 4:35?

_

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:30 am

Driving cars that ppl normally wont drive. I like that
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:01 am

Ive always had a soft spot for na miata's after watching one run circles around higher class cars at an autoX event. It was the first car i've built for the touge in forza 3 and i've stuck with it since then.

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 pm

I love my AE86 but currently suck in it at the moment lol. I drive my '69 Z whenever I can because I love Nissan cars in general(especially the R34), but the Z just spoke to me when I first drove it. It's a lot of fun and it's very competitive.

_

[W-L-T = 0-0-0]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bukkaz
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm

What kinda times u get in ur 86? And do you have an R34?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:21 pm

It's been a long time since I did a pass in any car, but off the top of my head I'm gonna say 4:47. I could be totally off though. I'll make a few passes in the coming days when I'm done being sick. My fastest time ever in my Z is a 4:43.2 clean. I got a 4:42 but it was dirty.

_

[W-L-T = 0-0-0]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thatguy1981
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:04 am

I finally chose the 89 MR2 MK1 for its handling potential.. Im still working on its tune lol. Its a bit squirrely but I can throw it into a corner! Thats a good start. Anyone have a tuning tip to toss my way? Oh! I run it in B class
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:37 am

The MR2 handles pretty well, its like a little go-kart lol. But it's alittle lacking in the power department. So that means its very important to keep momentum up and use the brakes as sparingly as possible. Keeping on the power will be the secret to unlocking the mr2's potential. But don't expect to do as well as the mr-s.

If you are new to the tuning aspect run sport springs and sway bars for now. Try messing with the diff to get it locking the way you like. I usually start at 30accel/20decel and work from there. Once you get comfortable and are running consistent times you can use race springs and sway bars to tweak the settings if you want to get faster.

_

911 RS #277 B-Class NDH: 4'40"924
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bruno
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:53 am

Chose my 240SX cuz I have a 180SX RC car
Chose my R34 "GTT" RWD Swap cuz I have that in Initial D A3

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old King
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Celica SS-I FR all day er'day.

I won't dare touch an Elise, Evora, Elan, Miata, NSX, MX5, Evo VIII, MR-2 or AE85.

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 pm

there aint no 85 on forza xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old King
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:08 pm

I was told it wasn't the actual AE86 from the series though in the game... o.o

Also I forgot the "Why" part of my post. I just like the body of the Celica GT-S and it's an awesome car to drive around in forza.

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Old King wrote:
I was told it wasn't the actual AE86 from the series though in the game... o.o

Also I forgot the "Why" part of my post. I just like the body of the Celica GT-S and it's an awesome car to drive around in forza.

Oh it's an 86 all right, 85's come with carburated engines that make 85 horsepower or so, no limited slip differential, softer suspension setup and a slow gearbox. The AE86 in game has all of that and a 128hp or so engine.

_

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you pick your Touge racer?   

Back to top Go down

How did you pick your Touge racer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next