Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your ride.

Go down 
+58
Majrdestroy
Maji of Bacon
ZeroFoxGiven
Ialyrn
Akiyama-Wataru
GoverningNick
takumi8699
CursedShark15
killersoldier16
WagoDan
kuro_Yoshh
IVYTRAE
REBELION LIEZ
Brootal Koopa
dgkoe
swanmeat
SladeZer0
that slime kb
Clutch927
FWDtype
Cutty2k6
Peacock
daikokuten
BeamierMoth
Edward40Hands
Siscub
PrimoFC3STII
vicnitro
OhhLove
JDM Malcolm X
Bruno
V19Triumph68V
Mugen SK
skitchin
Steinkrunk
WesmanE
lBrawnyemperoRl
King914
SaintedPlacebo4
Hybrid Comet
bukkaz
Avanti
Mulchy
Pol1c3
jusputitonmytab
bigfoot
Calsonic
betadood
LokiAdon
StrawberryGL
FrostyApe
l iAlexxx l
Smooth92
Ryosuke Takahashi
MiNd
KraZe
Konasumi
Rotary
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Post your ride. - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 7:49 pm

I've been AWOL for a while but, I sold my wagon and picked up one of my dream cars.  2000' Saab 9-3 Viggen.
(250 bhp, 258 ft-lbs)

I kept my BBS's that I had on the wagon ;-)

Post your ride. - Page 39 4c5TxHC

Post your ride. - Page 39 NDhPn1z

Post your ride. - Page 39 LTO0Wp1

And for any of you that are into driving, I went to the Tail of The dragon with some friends back in October and got the sweet picture at Bridal Veil Falls.

Post your ride. - Page 39 ZSLlOiL
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Mulchy wrote:
I've been AWOL for a while but, I sold my wagon and picked up one of my dream cars.  2000' Saab 9-3 Viggen.
(250 bhp, 258 ft-lbs)

I kept my BBS's that I had on the wagon ;-)

Post your ride. - Page 39 4c5TxHC

Post your ride. - Page 39 NDhPn1z

Post your ride. - Page 39 LTO0Wp1

And for any of you that are into driving, I went to the Tail of The dragon with some friends back in October and got the sweet picture at Bridal Veil Falls.

Post your ride. - Page 39 ZSLlOiL

I'd upvote the hell out of that last picture. Good God that's quite a nice sight.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Looks to be in great condition, nice car man! One question, how much do Saabs and Subarus have in common? I remember being in a Saab once and the interior was like 90% Impreza lol
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Like 1%. People always ask me that and they are not similar in the least. The only one that is similar to a Subaru is the Saabaru.  It was a cross manufacturer project under GM and they took the WRX wagon and stuck a Saab front end and badges on it.  The "linear" is the base model with the 2.5 NA and the "Aero" is the WRX with the 2.0t.

As far as the interior thing you stated, I have no idea.  I've only been in a 2005 and the 2015 STi and this is what my interior looks like.

Post your ride. - Page 39 0607_ec_07z+1999_Saab_93_Vigen+Interior_Shot

(Mine is black though, the blue interior accents came on the Lightning Blue Viggens)
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 7:35 am

Then I must have rode in a Saabaru then. Pretty weird that one joint project seems to have been one of the most memorable Saabs. Still a sweet car though (2.3L turbo? Nice).
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 7:54 am

That's what's so nice about the Viggen, is that it comes with the 2.3. Every 9-3 (With the exception of the new GM 9-3) has come with a 2.0 that only makes like 200hp, so they stuffed the 2.3 out of the 9-5 Aero (Which is a much larger and heavier car) in this.

But, now I'm on the search for my weekend car lol
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Can't do images on mobile for some reason. See below link address.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/img_20151121_150824-jpg.483030/
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ZeroFoxGiven
Water Spiller
ZeroFoxGiven

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Are those hub caps?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm

ZeroFoxGiven wrote:
Are those hub caps?
Yes sir.
Back to top Go down
kuro_Yoshh
Wakaba
kuro_Yoshh

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 1:50 am

It's been quite a while since I've been on here & most people won't remember me, but I've been the owner of these cars for a while now. This is silly to say, but the biggest reason I have these two cars is because they were my favorite touge cars in FM4 tongue

Excuse the Instagram photos!

1971 Datsun 240Z
Post your ride. - Page 39 Abcd10
Drove it a few times but I'll be working on it throughout the winter. Needs a bit of TLC(surface rust spots & carbs need rebuilt)but very little to no substantial rust overall.

1986 Toyota Corolla SR5
Post your ride. - Page 39 Abcde10

Post your ride. - Page 39 Abcdef10
Currently my daily/winter beater. Swapped a 4AGE Hi-comp Redtop from an AE92 into it not too long ago.  Still have a few kinks to work out & it's not exactly a show car, but I absolutely love driving it. I have another AE86 hatch shell, that's a lot cleaner, stashed away because road-salt is a PITA for these older cars! Everything will be swapped from my current one to that one come spring/summer time.

Happy to see this forum is still alive!
Cheers guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 8:22 am

call me crazy but a manual rwd car is next to impossible to drive when it snows. not the the best choice for a winter beater
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 8:24 am

^No kidding...You'd have to be crazy skilled.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 9:38 am

Unless you are Japanese and your name is takumi
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Awesome cars man.  *Dat* 240Z will turn into a real beauty!

Figured I should post pics of my latest hijinks with my car.  Went on a cruise yesterday with the Ford ST owners club from Puerto Rico. Smile

Post your ride. - Page 39 RafUAbn

Post your ride. - Page 39 GZk9E4E

Post your ride. - Page 39 CFAExVu

Post your ride. - Page 39 U3OltgD

Post your ride. - Page 39 R1wT64f

If pics don't work here's the album link: https://imgur.com/a/JrrMM
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey, what are everyone's opinions of the Scion tC?

I might be buying one once I get my new job and get my surcharge removed.
Back to top Go down
kuro_Yoshh
Wakaba
kuro_Yoshh

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:44 pm

KraZe wrote:
Awesome cars man.  *Dat* 240Z will turn into a real beauty!

Figured I should post pics of my latest hijinks with my car.  Went on a cruise yesterday with the Ford ST owners club from Puerto Rico. Smile
Thanks man! You guys are lucky as ever to have that warm weather. ST's are fun cars to drive.

I'm not sure if anybody else has ever driven in snow with RWD but it's really not that bad with a good set of snows lol I did it last year with no real issues.
Post your ride. - Page 39 Abcdef11
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Not soooo lucky here it's 50% warm and 50% HOT.  Turbochargers hate hot ambient air.  My butt dyno tells me I have about 10-15 more hp at night than during the day lol

@Obelisk - I wasn't a fan of the gen 1 tC but the current generation ones look REALLY good imo especially with wider wheels and TRD parts.  You should check out the Kia Forte Koup EX (or SX) as well if you can since they're similar.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 3:08 pm

^I actually did see the Kia hatch at one point, but I don't trust Kia reliability all that much. imo, I'd be better off with a company that my parents like for their reliability.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Is your car in PR or in Georgia?
Theres been an ongoing debate with Celica owners for the last decade about the dyno's in PR.
For some odd reason everyone owner in PR claims the Celica GTS puts down 200whp stock, where on paper its 180 at the crank and on a properly calibrated dyno 160-170 to the wheels
Any where else, even the sport M's in japan and europe don't put 200whp down lol.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Yeah it's in PR, I'm gonna finish my studies here so I'll no longer be living in Atlanta... for now... (I might go back to do a Master's degree... maybe).

As for the dynos here, NEVER been to one before but I was planning on going to one about 1.5 hour away one of these days (maybe during Christmas break). Don't think they should be any different but I am aware that different dynos put out different results (like a Mustang Dyno vs a Dyno Jet) as well as dynos that do "drivetrain loss corrections".

When I end up going to one I'll expect anything between 170-180 whp for my car, so if I see like 195whp or some shit like that I'll know something's up.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Well, whp is the real measure of HP, I guess.

My current car is rated at 180 HP. Would that be the engine or wheel horsepower?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 11:08 pm

^The factory horsepower rating is always the BHP (brake horsepower) rating of the engine. This is the power the engine delivers directly to the crankshaft (where the pistons are directly connected to). This rating is popularly just called the "horsepower" of the car or engine since it is the purest rating of its power. In actuality, there are dozens of rotating components that are in between the crankshaft and the tires: the driveshaft, the differential, the transmission (and every gear), the clutch, the flywheel, etc. All these components take away power from the engine in the form of thermal energy and by rotational inertial force. When added together this power loss is called "drivetrain loss", it's the amount of horsepower the engine requires to just move these parts, let alone the car. Drivetrain losses can be as low as 10% for FWDs and as high as 25% for AWDs because of the greater amount of rotating parts. So finally, the horsepower leftover goes through the wheels and accelerates your car forward. This leftover power is called "wheel horsepower" or whp, THIS is the rating that shows up on dyno charts. Think of bhp as "theoretical power" and whp as ACTUAL power. So your 180hp car would probably put down about 155 whp.

On a related note, this is why I think AWD cars in Forza accelerate slower than RWDs with the same power because of drivetrain loss that doesn't show up on the car's stats.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 11:12 pm

I kinda thought so. Thanks, Kraze. Doesn't displacement and number of cylinders affect that too?

I think the power loss is modelled in GT, too. A bunch of the low-power AWDs have terrible launch and acceleration. That could be the rotational inertia being rendered in game.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 6:53 am

Physics 101, Work in - work out.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:31 am

The displacement and number of cylinders would affect the drivetrain losses but just barely since the #1 cause of drivetrain loss is friction between moving parts and the pistons themselves don't weigh that much and they're always lubricated so the losses from just having a larger engine would be minimal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your ride.
Page 38 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next