Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your ride.

Go down 
+58
Majrdestroy
Maji of Bacon
ZeroFoxGiven
Ialyrn
Akiyama-Wataru
GoverningNick
takumi8699
CursedShark15
killersoldier16
WagoDan
kuro_Yoshh
IVYTRAE
REBELION LIEZ
Brootal Koopa
dgkoe
swanmeat
SladeZer0
that slime kb
Clutch927
FWDtype
Cutty2k6
Peacock
daikokuten
BeamierMoth
Edward40Hands
Siscub
PrimoFC3STII
vicnitro
OhhLove
JDM Malcolm X
Bruno
V19Triumph68V
Mugen SK
skitchin
Steinkrunk
WesmanE
lBrawnyemperoRl
King914
SaintedPlacebo4
Hybrid Comet
bukkaz
Avanti
Mulchy
Pol1c3
jusputitonmytab
bigfoot
Calsonic
betadood
LokiAdon
StrawberryGL
FrostyApe
l iAlexxx l
Smooth92
Ryosuke Takahashi
MiNd
KraZe
Konasumi
Rotary
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Post your ride. - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Well I guess that's fine, it's a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm not planning on making the car look stupid or sporty, just want to improve the aesthetic and the performance.

When I pay it off, the next car I get my hands on is going to be something more fun...I was thinking a Baja, BRAT or maybe an old Corvette.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 pm

So I put together a list of the components I'd need.

Can someone tell me if rotors and brake pads come in packs of 2 or if I have to buy each one separately?

Parts:
K&N Air Filter
Michelin Primacy tires
Centric Alloy brake rotors
Centric C-Tek ceramic brake pads
JKS Flush Mount Sport Wing.

Not counting the tires, the parts add up to about ~$170.
With the tires, it's ~$890
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Obelisk wrote:
MiNd wrote:
Just put some street exhaust and street air filter, your all set!
I was thinking up a list a while ago:
K&N air filter and exhaust
New brakes
Michelin Primacy tires
Possibly some small cosmetic stuff-I'd like alloy wheels and a sport wing.

I was just going by forza upgrades. lol
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 pm

MiNd wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
MiNd wrote:
Just put some street exhaust and street air filter, your all set!
I was thinking up a list a while ago:
K&N air filter and exhaust
New brakes
Michelin Primacy tires
Possibly some small cosmetic stuff-I'd like alloy wheels and a sport wing.

I was just going by forza upgrades. lol
You gave me a good basis, though. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Post your ride. - Page 35 20150427_164212-jpg
Post your ride. - Page 35 20150427_164204-jpg

Images taken with a 1976 Zenit III camera with Kodak 400x Black and White film, then printed on Ilford gloss paper.
My car.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Post your ride. - Page 35 17445107256_98a8441fc4_o
Finally brought her out after she sat for a few months
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 2:26 pm

My car got a fancy set of new shoes today

Post your ride. - Page 35 YX4k1WN

Post your ride. - Page 35 UTxs61V

Post your ride. - Page 35 Aym0xcJ
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:14 pm

^That's actually really cool. Good taste man.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Peacock wrote:
My car got a fancy set of new shoes today

Post your ride. - Page 35 YX4k1WN

Post your ride. - Page 35 UTxs61V

Post your ride. - Page 35 Aym0xcJ
Those look great. I wonder what'd fit my big old car.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:26 pm

^24 inch chrome rimz dawg. #Hellafrush
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:34 pm

KraZe wrote:
^24 inch chrome rimz dawg.  #Hellafrush
Laughing
My car uses 16 inch wheels so...
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:59 am

Ok guys, serious question.

My parents and I are discussing the possibility of getting a brand new car on a lease. I've come down to two choices: Kia Soul and Scion tC.

You guys know of any other cars that are five star, good on gas and sporty/sports car around 20k? (MX5, focus st, fiesta st, abarth 500 and Subaru Impreza have all been kicked off the tavle sadly)
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:18 pm

^I'm on the same boat actually. My budget is $18k though and I'm looking at the Hyundai Accent for starters. But I really don't want to spend my money yet, I'd rather keep saving and get another $6k to buy a Fiesta ST.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:20 pm

KraZe wrote:
^I'm on the same boat actually.  My budget is $18k though and I'm looking at the Hyundai Accent for starters.  But I really don't want to spend my money yet, I'd rather keep saving and get another $6k to buy a Fiesta ST.
I was looking at the Fiesta...That thing is not very safe.

I did try to get my parents to consider a Hyundai Veloster.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:
^I'm on the same boat actually.  My budget is $18k though and I'm looking at the Hyundai Accent for starters.  But I really don't want to spend my money yet, I'd rather keep saving and get another $6k to buy a Fiesta ST.

The ford fiesta not safe? Your having a laugh right?

That car has a 5 star Euro Ncap rating, and the safety testing on cars here in europe is far stricter.

Just for comparison, I had a 60mph crash into a tree in a 2007 Fiat Grande punto, which also had a 5 star euro ncap safety rating. I walked away from that accident with only friction burns to my wrists from when the airbags deployed. And the Fiat is a far lesser car than the fiesta is. Or any recent ford for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:

That car has a 5 star Euro Ncap rating, and the safety testing on cars here in europe is far stricter.

Just for comparison, I had a 60mph crash into a tree in a 2007 Fiat Grande punto, which also had a 5 star euro ncap safety rating. I walked away from that accident with only friction burns to my wrists from when the airbags deployed. And the Fiat is a far lesser car than the fiesta is. Or any recent ford for that matter.
Well, it does have good safety ratings. What I was going off of was the side safety rating (2 of 5) from US News Ratings and Reviews, which to me is a big concern because I have a lot of dNgerous intersections in my areas (and most of the accidents I've seen or heard of were t-bones)
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Well, it does have good safety ratings.  What I was going off of was the side safety rating (2 of 5) from US News Ratings and Reviews, which to me is a big concern because I have a lot of dNgerous intersections in my areas (and most of the accidents I've seen or heard of were t-bones)

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/ford/fiesta/10922

Download the PDF for the results, never just go from what a rag has to say about something. Always check with an official crash testing facility.

Also, no car will have a perfect safety score for a side impact. The reason being, there is less car between you and the impacting vehicle.

If the car is for yourself, then the Fiesta ST will be the best one for you to go with. Preferably the 3 door version, as they are cheap to run, and cheap on insurance. If it is for you and your folks, then the Ford Focus ST in 5 door trim is the one you want.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Well, it does have good safety ratings.  What I was going off of was the side safety rating (2 of 5) from US News Ratings and Reviews, which to me is a big concern because I have a lot of dNgerous intersections in my areas (and most of the accidents I've seen or heard of were t-bones)

Download the PDF for the results, never just go from what a rag has to say about something. Always check with an official crash testing facility.

Also, no car will have a perfect safety score for a side impact. The reason being, there is less car between you and the impacting vehicle.

If the car is for yourself, then the Fiesta ST will be the best one for you to go with. Preferably the 3 door version, as they are cheap to run, and cheap on insurance. If it is for you and your folks, then the Ford Focus ST in 5 door trim is the one you want.
Well, with that information, I still can't get a Focus ST. I still have no clue how to use a stick.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Well, with that information, I still can't get a Focus ST.  I still have no clue how to use a stick.

you never learnt manual? lol, that's pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Well, with that information, I still can't get a Focus ST.  I still have no clue how to use a stick.

Sadly. My father just won't get around to it, no matter how hard I push him. On top of that I'm going to be spemding a lot of time in rush hour traffic next semester.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Sadly.  My father just won't get around to it, no matter how hard I push him.  On top of that I'm going to be spemding a lot of time in rush hour traffic next semester.

What does sitting in traffic have to do with anything? You get a much better driving experience with a manual transmission, can shift when you want too, and often get more out of the engine.

Just seems odd to me to not learn driving with manual, but in the uk you can not legally drive a manual transmission car if you pass your test with an auto. With a license to drive manual, then we have the choice to drive either.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Sadly.  My father just won't get around to it, no matter how hard I push him.  On top of that I'm going to be spemding a lot of time in rush hour traffic next semester.

What does sitting in traffic have to do with anything? You get a much better driving experience with a manual transmission, can shift when you want too, and often get more out of the engine.

Just seems odd to me to not learn driving with manual, but in the uk you can not legally drive a manual transmission car if you pass your test with an auto. With a license to drive manual, then we have the choice to drive either.
In the US, if you pass with an auto, you can still legally drive a manual. It's weird. To answer your question, my parents are just telling me all the time that it's an absolute waste to get a manual for a city commute. It's even at the point where if I ask about getting a manual, they just say "No, we're not getting a manual!" and I have to leave.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:25 pm

save up and buy your own car then.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Why should I when I already have a paid-off Impala? I will save my money, no doubt, but I don't need to worry about the new car until the Impala croaks. If my parents try to force me to get a new car, I'll just walk away from the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your ride.   Post your ride. - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your ride.
Page 34 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next