Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manga/Anime Discussion

Go down 
+23
Nate
RTG SoulStealer
Peacock
Mulchy
V19Triumph68V
Velarys
Obelisk
daikokuten
Ryan HappyHands
Gunner4568
MiNd
jusputitonmytab
King914
xTRSx Unknown
StrawberryGL
bukkaz
Konasumi
Edward40Hands
Avanti
betadood
lBrawnyemperoRl
KraZe
Koolaid
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 3:41 am

Well the second episode of ippo was good, maybe they just wanted everyone to see a fight in the first episode or something. Hopefully the quality will stay this way next episode, all they have to do is build up the next fight right instead of just throwing us into one.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 3:48 am

My friend was telling me episode two was way better other than the fact they skipped a bunch of rounds.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 3:50 am

Yeah the manga was still better but only a little bit. Huge step up from episode 1, all we need now is the pacing from seasons 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 3:51 am

StrawberryGL wrote:
TOO LATE KRAZE

Who's getting X and Y?
im tryna get it but i still dont have enough cash for the 3ds yet
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:45 pm

3DS is my xmas present to myself and my brother for pokemon X/Y...

I've just finished Attack On Titan and I'm now watching Sword Art Online (rubbish compared to SNK), does anyone have any suggestions as to what to watch? Preferably of similar quality to SNK. i'll start reading the manga obv since it's captured me but yeah.

I hate the over sexualisation in SAO, too many ass and boob shots for me to take it seriously. Especially when it's so emotionally involving during 90% of the other parts. Granted I'm only on episode 19 but still. All of Kirito's relationships seem to be with women other than Klein and Egil, which inevitably means boob or ass shots during conversations. Even with his "sister" ffs...
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:52 pm

SAO is only good for 12 episodes. Even then it's kind of retarded. We're full on Oreimo now with the sister incest love triangle.

I liked SnK a lot more. Man, it left off right when things were getting good too.

It probably goes without saying, but Kill la Kill is crazy awesome. Also, X and Y didn't disappoint either, on the 7th badge now.

Last edited by StrawberryGL on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:55 pm

The first arc of SAO was good then died out towards the end.
Not much of a spoiler, but i'd say theyre another 12 episodes away in manga and they still havent reached Erens house yet.

I'd probably recommend Mirai Nikki and Steins Gate.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:58 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
We're full on Oreimo now
Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 1336948798936
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:00 pm

If you want a better storyline that SAO then check out Accel World.
The funny thing is that they both aired at the same time, were animated by two different companies, but written by the same author.
They are both are virtual reality based and they are set in the same universe about 100 years apart Accel World being the one in the future.

@Strawberry, The first 3 episodes of SnK will probably blow your mind in wtf's lol
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Tumblr_mt1norzsoY1scb87xo1_500

Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 1239755_10201204201521371_2145305442_n

Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:27 pm

^ Wut?
Spoiler:
The thing with SAO is that it's a great story... I just don't like how Kirito breaks the game when he does, and then the subsequent "I heart Asuna" bits. Granted, he may be seriously into her, but when he defeats the game, why doesn't everyone log out as is suggested they should? I need to finish the series to find out, I suppose. Imo the relationship he has with his "sister" is pretty important, especially when he wakes up and that sparring session they have. That seems to have a profound impact on him. But the importance of that is kinda ruined with the whole "lolbewbs" thing when he wakes her up after she falls asleep when he's crying. It could have been a much more mature series without that and other instances like it. It certainly seemed that's the way it was heading in the first few episodes, at least.

I think I agree with Strawberry. It was interesting for the first half of what I've watched so far, then it got a bit "Oh look, Kirito meets a girl who's in distress, helps her...end episode". They should have expanded on his relationship with Klein and Egil, as well as showing some of the harder floor boss battles they had. They mention that "floor 67" was difficult and they lost quite a few people, but they don't show that. Instead they show him and Asuna pretty much solo'ing higher level bosses until Heathcliff reveals the truth. Seems a bit silly imo.

The thing that made me think "lolwtf" the most though was the Pina's Heart episode... The flower monsters that are disturbingly phallic and the tentacles... That's when I just started watching to find out what happened, rather than actually enjoying it.

Do you guys know if they're going to animate the another season of SnK? If they are I won't read the manga, but if there's a chance they won't animate it then I'll start reading.

I'll check out your suggestions, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

You need to put spoilers in spoiler quotes so you dont ruin the endings for anyone.

They probably will drop a season two, like i said its not much of a spoiler but from the season finale up until the current manga releases theres is a ton of shit which can probably amount to another 6 episodes and they still have not reached Erens house.

We were not the only ones disappointed with the last arc of SAO, 75% of the community agrees that it fell out.
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:30 pm

My bad. Thanks for doing that. I tried to make it as nondescript as possible, but even so you are quite right.

Personally, I think they could have just left it with him waking up and leaving his hospital room and that would have been as close to a perfect ending as can be.

Definitely wasn't expecting a pseudo-Nordic mythology setting for the next game... Quick question for those of you who know a bit of Japanese though, are "elf" and "fairy" one and the same in their language? 'cos Alfheim literally means "Elf home" not "land of the Fairies".
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:42 pm

I took japanese for 2 years back in high school.
The term is more than likely a general word describing those types of creatures until they get more descriptive.
That being said "Land of the Fairies" does make sense and sounds a lot better than "Elf Home" as a video game title.

With the language barrier between English and Japanese being so distant, this happens a lot.
Especially when people do subtitles for anime, a lot of the times there are certain japanese words/meanings that the english language does not have a word for.
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:43 am

That's a fair point. I'm being a pedant, as usual.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 5:15 am

One of my complaints was that the fact that Kirito is supposed to be a socially awkward teenager only seemed to hold up for 4 episodes or so. He's friendly but kind of distant to everyone, and that shows when he interacts with Klein in the beginning, but later he's portrayed as this perfect guy that every girl within 100 miles falls for. It's even stated that like 90% of the players are male anyway, so it becomes even more strange that with so many options to choose from they all choose him. The anime stereotype tentacle monster jokes didn't do it for me either really. The main problem with SAO to me is that it's jarring to go back and forth from more mature themes like death and morality and what have you and then have anime incest love triangles and tentacle rape immediately afterward. It's the same complaint I have with SnK and Mikasa acting like a crazy stalker girlfriend while everyone is getting eaten alive.

The series really should have just ended with him waking up in the hospital. It all got ridiculous after that. I guess it all adds up when you take into account that he wrote pretty much all of the first arc more recently then the second.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:16 am

Eh, at least it's not that Goosh Goosh thing...
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:10 am

A friend of mine recommended me Bakuman. Anyone here care to share some thoughts? Don't really have time to start watching an anime that has 3 seasons already unless it's good.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:21 am

^ Koolaid recommends it.

In other news, the latest episodes of Ippo are back to it's former glory. Blazblue: Alter Memory is hilariously low budget, and Kill la Kill is still making Thursdays awesome.

Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:25 am

Oh ok thanks guys.

Kill la Kill Thursdays are one of the most enjoyable parts of the week now haha I pretty much feel like watching a cartoon (although I could do without all the tits and ass Neutral)
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 am

Gotta have that fanservice yo
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Id definitely recommend watching all 3 seasons of Bakuman, its about 2 third year kids in middle school and the struggles of becoming a manga artist and the dream of it becoming an anime.

So basically it was originally a manga adapted in to an anime about making manga in to an anime.

Its a very good chance of pace after watching so many typical comedic and action anime and you really learn how the system of the production of manga and how it progresses to become an anime.
You'll understand why they use fan service so much LOLOL.

Theres also awesome cameo's, with out spoiling a lot they end up having their work looked over by the editor of Naruto of Shounen Jump, "Shounen Jack" in the series.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:36 am

Finished watching like the first 8 episodes of Bakuman season 1.

My god...
Spoiler:

Also all the Bleach/Naruto/One Piece/Death Note/etc. references are pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Thoughts so far?
I like how insperational the series is.

Check out Space Brothers if you're enjoying the Bakuman.
Its about the struggles of becoming an astronaut with a lot of dry humor and real scientific studies, almost like a modern GTO minus the eechi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manga/Anime Discussion   Manga/Anime Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manga/Anime Discussion
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next