Forza Motorsport's Touge Community
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast


Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Thu May 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Right'o

Edit: Not sure what to tell you Obelisk, the car has plenty to give.




_


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara
avatar

Posts : 3484
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 21
Location : Nowhere important

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 9:01 am

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the track? Or controllers vs wheel (bla bla).

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara
avatar

Posts : 3484
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 21
Location : Nowhere important

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 10:47 am

2:29.585 dirty*

*Only dirty because I tapped the inside of the last hairpin the lap before. God, I hate that mechanic in racing games.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast


Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 11:26 am

Obelisk wrote:
Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the track?  Or controllers vs wheel (bla bla).

Na, nothing to do with that. In all honesty, you might want to look at the suspension settings of the car. The whole thing was bouncing around like a space hopper after the tunnel. On a bumpy track like rio, you ideally want the suspension and roll bars set in such a way as to absorb the bumps. How it is now, it is a chore in trying to keep the thing going in the direction you want too. Which, ironically, is harder to do on a wheel. What with force feedback motors and what not.

Obelisk wrote:
2:29.585 dirty*

*Only dirty because I tapped the inside of the last hairpin the lap before.  God, I hate that mechanic in racing games.

Needs to be in the game to be fair, otherwise people would exploit the track limits more than they already do. Corner cutting is already out of control in Forza, but not just an issue with Forza. Happens in any racing game.

You are improving though, so do not get disheartened. You have come a long way over the past few years, and are now able to keep pace with myself and Bukkaz on FM6. That is something you should be proud of.

Dont think that every single lap I do is perfect however, I make mistakes also. Especially on a track such as Rio. Hell, you should see some of the runs I have on Assetto Corsa, you would be in stitches, lol.

_


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara
avatar

Posts : 3484
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 21
Location : Nowhere important

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 11:30 am

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the track?  Or controllers vs wheel (bla bla).

Na, nothing to do with that. In all honesty, you might want to look at the suspension settings of the car. The whole thing was bouncing around like a space hopper after the tunnel. On a bumpy track like rio, you ideally want the suspension and roll bars set in such a way as to absorb the bumps. How it is now, it is a chore in trying to keep the thing going in the direction you want too. Which, ironically, is harder to do on a wheel. What with force feedback motors and what not.

Obelisk wrote:
2:29.585 dirty*

*Only dirty because I tapped the inside of the last hairpin the lap before.  God, I hate that mechanic in racing games.

Needs to be in the game to be fair, otherwise people would exploit the track limits more than they already do. Corner cutting is already out of control in Forza, but not just an issue with Forza. Happens in any racing game.

You are improving though, so do not get disheartened. You have come a long way over the past few years, and are now able to keep pace with myself and Bukkaz on FM6. That is something you should be proud of.

Dont think that every single lap I do is perfect however, I make mistakes also. Especially on a track such as Rio. Hell, you should see some of the runs I have on Assetto Corsa, you would be in stitches, lol.

I can confirm on the suspension thing. I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

And there was one time were I inexplicably flipped a Fiat 595 going around a normal turn.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast


Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 11:54 am

Obelisk wrote:
I can confirm on the suspension thing.  I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

And there was one time were I inexplicably flipped a Fiat 595 going around a normal turn.

You are making the suspension to stiff, and possibly too low.

_


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara
avatar

Posts : 3484
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 21
Location : Nowhere important

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 11:57 am

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
I can confirm on the suspension thing.  I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

And there was one time were I inexplicably flipped a Fiat 595 going around a normal turn.

You are making the suspension to stiff, and possibly too low.

The Lancia is at max ride height. I'll try halving the numbers across the board and see what that does.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast


Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
I can confirm on the suspension thing.  I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

And there was one time were I inexplicably flipped a Fiat 595 going around a normal turn.

You are making the suspension to stiff, and possibly too low.

The Lancia is at max ride height.  I'll try halving the numbers across the board and see what that does.

I may or may not have made a few tweaks.


Time - 02:27.388

_


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara
avatar

Posts : 3484
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 21
Location : Nowhere important

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
I can confirm on the suspension thing.  I've botched so many laps at the high speed kink down the back because of the car bouncing around like a pinball.

And there was one time were I inexplicably flipped a Fiat 595 going around a normal turn.

You are making the suspension to stiff, and possibly too low.

The Lancia is at max ride height.  I'll try halving the numbers across the board and see what that does.

I may or may not have made a few tweaks.


Time - 02:27.388

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast


Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Obelisk wrote:


I can not be held responsible for what happens when someone shares a tune with me that is actually fairly decent at its core.

_


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara
avatar

Posts : 3484
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 21
Location : Nowhere important

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:


I can not be held responsible for what happens when someone shares a tune with me that is actually fairly decent at its core.

Truth be told, my tunes are intended to be 'base' tunes. They're set up using the vehicle's weight and distribution.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast


Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Its not even remotely the same tune now.


02:26.721

Edit: Video of yesterdays lap

_


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times   

Back to top Go down
 
Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Forza 6- Rio Full Circuit best times
» ISCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Motegi (Full Circuit)
» TCC Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – IBERIAN (Full Circuit)
» Official Forza Motorsport 4 Thread
» Silverstone International Lap Times!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touge Union :: Forza Motorsport Section-
Jump to: