Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kit cars

Go down 
+3
Avanti
Koolaid
Obelisk
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Kit cars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kit cars   Kit cars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Go look at Factory Five. I spoke with one of their reps about building a kit car this summer.

You have option of building on an early 00's WRX, Late 90's Mustang, or mid 00's Vette.
They start around 15K. But like Koolaid said don't bother unless you have the equipment.

They're great build quality and ridiculously fast. I drove the 818 which is pretty much a Lotus with an STi engine in it. almost 500whp in a mid-engine rwd is absurdly fast.

10/10 would recommend Factory Five

SpeedDemonZ12 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SpeedDemonZ12
Wakaba

Kit cars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kit cars   Kit cars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 10:36 am

Now that it's been some years, there are a few more options in terms of kit cars. Factory Five is still a great option, but there's another option (albeit, more expensive). I just recently came across realdealsteel.com that offers actual steel bodies of classic Chevy cars and they are made brand new. However, they are only the body components. You can get a 1955 Chevy Bel Air brand new, BUT it's just the frame, body, quarter panels, deck lid(s), and a few other things. That is priced at around $32,000. If you already have everything else to make it work, then you'll have yourself a Bel Air with a brand new body and frame. I'm still a fan of Factory Five, but I appreciate Real Deal Steel as well.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Kit cars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kit cars   Kit cars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 am

Five years is one heck of a serious length of time to be necro'ing a dead thread, haha.

I've tossed out the idea of a kit car a very long time ago, and I honestly want to just pick up a decent NA MX5 and give it a bit of oomph. Probably a turbo 4 or v8 on the extreme end of things.
Back to top Go down
SpeedDemonZ12
Wakaba

Kit cars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kit cars   Kit cars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 am

A V8 Miata? That's a frightening concept unless it's a drift car!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Kit cars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kit cars   Kit cars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 11:00 am

Probably quarter mile more than anything. That's an extreme option for me, I'd be more inclined to swap to a stronger 4cyl to keep some semblance of fuel efficiency while giving the car more oomph.

SpeedDemonZ12 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SpeedDemonZ12
Wakaba

Kit cars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kit cars   Kit cars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 11:55 am

I myself am saving for a kit car from Factory Five. I'm torn between a few models, but I want it to be something that will get people scratching their heads before, during, and after a run.

Obelisk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kit cars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kit cars   Kit cars - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kit cars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2