HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dirty/Rewind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dithrain
Wakaba

PostSubject: Dirty/Rewind?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Hey, guys. Just wondering what your guys' opinion on using rewind is? I've been steadily getting quicker, but sometimes I'll brake too late or dive in too hot. Usually only happens once or twice per run. I'm still learning so I think it's pretty helpful. But if it's better to be conservative and only build consistency that makes sense, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Rewind?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:42 pm

I used it all the time in FM3 so I could learn to drive specific sections without having to restart the lap. Never used it for FM4 though. And of course it's a good training tool but once you get used to the track start practicing without it so you don't become dependent on it.

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dithrain
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Rewind?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:19 pm

KraZe wrote:
I used it all the time in FM3 so I could learn to drive specific sections without having to restart the lap.  Never used it for FM4 though.  And of course it's a good training tool but once you get used to the track start practicing without it so you don't become dependent on it.
Definitely. I try not to depend on it, but it can be such a drag when you have a nice buttery run and you lose it for whatever reason haha. I'm stoked I hit a 4:40 even though it had a couple rewinds. I'm sure once I get into some lobbies it'll give me a different (sink or swim lol) etiquette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Rewind?   Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 am

Yeah like said before rewind can be great for correcting your lines so if you brake too late and crash you can go back and brake a bit earlier
But if you are concerned about getting a quick clean lap time
The best thing do to is restart the race entirely, despite where you got dirty on the track
It sounds brutal and long but it's possibly one of the only ways of mastering your car

Side note about the rewind feature:
From a simulator's perspective, rewind does not happen in real life so forza wouldn't be considered a great simulator because of that. However, I'm not sure if that was fm's intent or not

_
Personal Bests (FM4 AND GT6)B500 AE86 NDH: 4:33.912 [Clean]
A600 Mazda RX7 Spirit R NUH: 4:47.781 [Clean]
PP500 GC8V Coupe (Nür) 7:28.221 [Clean]
PP430 AE86 SS (Nür) 7:54.298 (Clean)
Theawesomeness505
"when you race someone else, you're only racing yourself."
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/theawesomeness505
MiNd
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Rewind?   Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:35 am

Never used it in any serious fashion, have accidentally ruined laps because of hitting it when downshifting though lol

_

Street Version Member | Touge Union Founder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirty/Rewind?   

Back to top Go down

Dirty/Rewind?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1