HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:53 am

General Motors has announced that they're reviving the legendary Chaparral Cars name for their Chevrolet Vision GT concept car, and it will be unveiled on the 19th of this month and released during the holidays.

I will add more as the car is unveiled.
Here's the teaser:

The 2X is now unveiled:

The details of how it's operated are trippy as heck, so here's a quote right from an article:

AutoBlog wrote:
Reinforcing the forward-looking feel, the Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo concept uses a 671-kilowatt laser propelled by lithium-ion batteries and an air-powered generator to make up to 900 brake horsepower of thrust. This allows the concept to achieve a speed of 240 miles per hour, while sprinting to 60 mph in 1.5 seconds in the video game.

Furthering the fantasy element, the driver is also supposed to lay in a face-down prone position with arms and legs splayed out toward the 17-inch wheels, and the instruments are projected onto the driver's helmet visor.

"Think of it as adapting a wing suit to a racing car, where the driver's movements control certain aspects of the aero package," Frank Saucedo, who oversaw the team that worked on the concept, said in a statement.

Official Chevy video:

OH MY GOD

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Last edited by Obelisk on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maji of Bacon
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:56 am

YASSSS

_
see you on the mountain--   new downhill 4:43 Mr-s ||New uphill 4:48 evo 6||
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:46 pm

I am so HYPED.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:49 pm

I've added details of the 2X to the OP

SUPERHYPE

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Is that even a car? You drive it laying down? Sounds like this lol that's crazy

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Nike did this before with the 2022 in GT4.

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:50 pm

OP updated again.

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:23 am

That is fugly.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:56 am

Ialyrn wrote:
That is fugly.
I think it looks cool, but hey. Chaparrals were always function over form.

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:45 am

Each to their own sort of thing, it is definitely a Marmite car. But where it is visually, I used to design better cars when I was 11.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:35 pm

It gives me a Ridge Racer 7 feel.

Rumors are floating around that this is a rival to the Red Bull x2014 Standard.

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 pm

So when the 2X releases, I'll be making a video of it, and then a friend and I will collaborate on a 2X vs Red Bull video which will be posted here.

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:39 pm

The 2X has been released today alongside the Infiniti VGT car.

Final stats:
Chevrolet Chaparral 2X VISION GT
HP: 905 HP
Weight: 460 KG
PP rating: 793
Lateral G force: ~2.5 to 4.0
Torque: N/A
0-60: 1.5 seconds
Top Speed: Locked to 260-261 but capable of 300+ if transmission is made tunable in a later update.
In-Game Price: 1,000,000 Credits
Colors: Ghost White and Phantom Black

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:19 am

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 am

Man that thing is cool the acceleration is crazy. But you can tell the Red Bull X201X cars are still quicker with the ground effect fans.

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:31 am

KraZe wrote:
Man that thing is cool the acceleration is crazy.  But you can tell the Red Bull X201X cars are still quicker with the ground effect fans.
You can still get it from the seasonal. The 2X seasonal expires on the 14th of next month.

I'm going to race it against an x2014 non-fan car tomorrow to see what happens, so we'll see about that.

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT   

Back to top Go down

Chaparral Cars revived for Vision GT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1