Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake

Go down 
+2
KraZe
Ialyrn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Empty
PostSubject: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Was racing online in C class, and was overtaken on Spa just after Eau Rouge. I was able to take the position back right away, and was pretty clean in the process. The quality isnt the best, but it is a highlight from my twitch.tv stream. I saved the replay, so I will record the whole race sometime tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:38 am

Sorry this has taken so long, my ISP has gimped my upload speed. Supposed to be getting 18 to 20mb/s up, but currently only getting between 0.2 and 4mb/s. So as you can imagine, uploading and live streaming is a bit of an issue for me at the moment.

p.s: I always pull over like that at the start of a public hopper race, it means I usually avoid the first corner chaos.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Surely there must be a better way to avoid first corner crashes than letting everyone pass you at the start lol
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 2:05 pm

^Nope, Its the only way to keep peace of mind throughout the rest of the race, if not you'll probably end up in a worse position off the track or spun out -___-
You've gotta race for a while in the same lobby till the retards get filtered out, other than that you can't trust anyone in the first corner of any track :/
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 pm

It must be because FM5 is still new and the people who don't care about clean racing aren't bored of it yet. And the C class is fairly entry as well. At least R3 lobbies in FM4 have only 1-2 retards max per 8-12 player lobbies. Good ratio if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 pm

I used to do the same thing in FM4 as well, unless it was on the ring. Then I would just lift off the throttle slightly, as that main straight is just too long to stop by the side of the track.

I know I have posted this video before, but shows exactly what I mean. This is B class on the ring in a public hopper.

In a public hopper I am not so much bothered about winning, I am more interested in having as clean a race as possible. If by waiting a little at the start of a public race I get that, then that is what I will do.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Id say its more of the fact that FM5 is a launch title and the fact that its hopper lobbies and no public user made ones where the host can boot people.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 4:40 pm

I enjoyed watching that FM4 'Ring battle your lines are flawless makes me wanna practice on Nurb now.

But that sun glare on Spa is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 5:32 pm

I use my porsce 911 for everything and i just launch past 99% of people at the start and then dont have to worry about looking back.
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
galeforce97
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 5:44 pm

It seems like no one takes the bus stop properly
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Its the incar view, they really went mad with sun glare in that view. But it is easy to deal with once the tracks are learnt. As for the video from FM 4 I posted above, I was really happy with the overtake on the Celica. I just had to bide my time till I had a clean overtake opportunity, which was really annoying as I wasn't on my own pace. Which is why I left that person behind once I got past. They left me open at the worst possible point on the track to be fair, as I was able to carry so much speed through that little kink in the road.

I am not as good on the ring as I used to be, well on FM4 anyway. I mess up my lines far more often than I used too, but I think thats because of those 6 months solid on FM5 with that TX wheel I had lol. Just have to see how bad my lines are now from when I helped Slime out in the M3. Mine is the silver one.

Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 11:15 pm

In a public hopper I am not so much bothered about winning, I am more interested in having as clean a race as possible. If by waiting a little at the start of a public race I get that, then that is what I will do.

I agree with u 100%. If i can have a clean battle for 3rd or 4th or whatever id prefer that over smashing my way to 1st place. I do the same thing. Let everyone crash in the first corner while i hang back then overtake nice and clean as the race progresses. Lol that orange tho. Btw the bimmer is running 8:12 now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake   FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM5 C-class Spa, lost position and immediate retake
Page 1 of 1