Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Traction issue

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:51 am

Im tunning an m3 for aclass. Whenever i upshift my rear tires chirp to the point wher the back end breaks loose. Anyone know how to make it stop?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:59 am

Blip the throttle when you upshift. Upshifting without letting go of the gas is basically clutch-kicking which will send you into a drift out of corners. Let off the gas in the split second you hit the clutch button or use less throttle.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:09 am

Yeaa after a while i resorted to that. Weird how no other cars ive driven have that problem scratch
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 am

Soften the rear suspension slightly also, and drop the rear tire pressure a tad. Both of those things will help give you a little more traction out of the corners. You may also want to check out the rebound and bump settings too.

Which M3 are you tuning?
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:10 am

E92. Ill try softening the rear sus and tire pressure. This thing is a little too heavy for my liking i think. 2900 lbs race weigt
Back to top Go down
Street7Warrior
Water Spiller

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:29 pm

I got a A-class and S-class BMW M3 e92 also, had the same issue with it.

I just didn't really try to fix the problem in the A-class e92, I kind of just learned to deal with it since I'm not good at tunning
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 12:52 am

Yeaaa fuck this car its a pain in the ass
Back to top Go down
Street7Warrior
Water Spiller

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 1:40 am

The reason I like using the e92 is because of the engine (POWAAA!!!) and because of that slight wheel spin/ chip when you up shift.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 5:16 am

The car does make good power and revs nicely and has very smoothe corner entry but the loss of grip on corner exit is a pain to manage when racing with other ppl. In my opinion id say this is a good cruising or hot lap car.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 5:21 am

Are you trying to use it on the uphill, downhill, or normal circuits?
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 am

Circuits. Nurburgring to be specific.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:56 am

I am surprised you are having traction issues on the ring, the E92 should be fairly good on there. Whats your current build/tune for it?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 am

Did you sacrifice rear tire size for more power or something? Otherwise I'd just tell you to quit being a noob and learn to drive lol

but you could try decreasing the diff accel that should help
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 am

Suspension sways brakes and tires are race. Race weight reduction full roll cage sport transmission 2 way lsd. Stock motor and rpf1 rims. The tires are 245 front and 265 rear. 

Psi front and rear: 31.5
Final drive: 4.35
Camber front: -1.4  rear: -1
Toe front: 0.2. Rear: 0
Caster: 5.0
Roll bars front: 8.5.  Rear: 4.0
Springs front: 478.1.  Rear: 425
Ride height: 3.7 & 4.1
Rebound frnt: 5 Rear 4.8
Bump: 3  rear 2.8
Bias 45%
Brake pressure: 145%
Diff accel: 4  decel 3
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:35 am

What times you getting with that tune?
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:39 am

Rolling Eyes  @kraze yes the both front and rear are stock width. Thats the only way i could fit race tires and race weight. Although im not as fast your highness about 98% of ppl i race wouldnt call me a noob
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:42 am

Ialyrn wrote:
What times you getting with that tune?
Lol wouldnt know. Since the car doesnt drive how i would like i never complete the course
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:52 am

Add me on xbox. "Ialyrn" on live, fist letter is a capital i, third letter is a lowercase L. You would be surprised how many misspell my gt lol.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 am

Fr sent
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 am

that slime kb wrote:
Rolling Eyes  Although im not as fast your highness about 98% of ppl i race wouldnt call me a noob

I was obviously joking.  Seriously? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:38 am

Ok, that first race I was just been stupid using that stock E92; damn you kicked my arse lol. But while driving the tuned E92's, I was able to not only gauge what is what with your driving, but also with your tune. My M3 had your tune on it by the way, based on the information you have given in here anyway.

For starters, here are my thoughts on the tune itself: it is too soft, and I think you need to increase the ARB's a bit. It seems like they are not holding the cars weight properly, and I was having a constant battle with understeer myself. That clearly shows a difference in our driving styles though, as it appears to be oversteer you are having issue with; based on the information in this thread and what I saw. I also think your rebound settings are too soft, and it would probably pay to increase them a bit. I can understand such a soft setup on say Fujimi, but stiffer tunes can often work better on a normal circuit. It is car and driver dependant however. It is bottoming out a fair bit though, which means it is too soft. You diff settings, especially the Decel, seem really really low. I think you might be able to get away with increasing it without issue. The car also wanted to roll at every opportunity, which REALLY upsets its balance.... alot. As for the gear change issues, the E92 hates going from 2nd to 3rd, even in a straight line. I would suggest blipping the throttle for a fraction of a second when changing up to 3rd. It also doesn't like going down to 2nd gear either, so something to watch out for. The grip levels in this car though, well baring the understeer, I couldn't get the rear to step out. At least not what I would consider to be a loss of rear wheel traction. It was clued to the road in my opinion.

By the way, are you a "tapper" with the steering? because you seemed to be either full on with the steering, or full off with taps in between. The tire screeching and tire smoke was an almost constant thing from you during that run we did, I am surprised you are as quick as you are. You would have been seriously overheating your front tires, and anything that upsets the balance of the car will often have a bigger impact on the handling. More so when throttle is applied at corner exit, as it will be more likely the back end will step out in a high powered RWD car like the E92 M3.

By the way, that last run we did you got somewhere around an 8:18.9xx, I got somewhere around an 8:18.0xx. I have a time to work from now, so I can see if I can help you improve the tune.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:58 am

Appreciate the input im gona give it a go asap. Srry kraze classic case of taking it out of context. And if it means anything i work the graveyard shift 11pm to 8am. Im a tad grumpy in the morning   Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:59 am

No worries I was just concerned that you thought I was being an asshole but I'm glad that's cleared up now.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Ok i take back every bad thing i said about the m3. Ialyrns advice was phenominal. i stiffened the dampers and roll bars and lowered rear tire pressure. It still chirps all the way to 4th but this thing is fuggen fast! Lol
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:18 pm

What times you getting with it now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Traction issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction issue   Traction issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traction issue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next