Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maji of Bacon
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:00 pm

I constantly feel that the uphill is sooooooooo much better and more fun to drvie than the downhill does anybody else feel that way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:23 pm

20x easier or 20x more fun? There's a difference.

But no you're not the only one.

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
that slime kb
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:15 am

It is def easier. It took me months to get fast times on the dh. Only about a week or two to run 41 on the uphill. Its fun to run but got boring quick. To each his own  Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:19 am

>41
>fast
 Rolling Eyes 

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
that slime kb
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:25 am

It was in an evo 6 dont give me too much credit lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:30 am

The Evo VI is at least 6 seconds faster than that so don't call something easy if you haven't mastered it.

And DUH it "feels" easier when you're driving an AWD all you need to do is step on the gas ZERO throttle control needed.  Evil or Very Mad 

Back on topic, I feel the uphill can be as fun as the downhill maybe even more if there were more competitive people practicing on it.  I only know like 3 people that run really fast times.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:57 am

It's actually the opposite for me, the downhill has always been much easier. Near the end of my time with Forza 4 I started to spend a lot more time on the uphill, and I found that my lines were much more vague, like I could clearly tell which lines were faster on the downhill because the throttle control is easy, but on the uphill everything becomes twice as hard because you can't just mash the accelerator out of turns and good lines weren't very clear to me. The hairpins became kind of a spot were I could gauge people's experience, if they just mashed the gas out of each turn causing the rear to lose a little traction they probably had only ever driven an AWD before, and if they were deliberate and had a steady acceleration technique they probably had driven a RWD before and knew not to mash the pedal out of each corner.

Then again, I drove an FD on the uphill and the amount of throttle control required to even run a 41-42 was exhausting. I can totally see why someone that solely drives AWD on the uphill sees it as easy.

_

Youtube || Twitter ||  Steam || XBL: StrawberryGL / PSN: StrawberryFC
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
MiNd
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 am

that slime kb wrote:
It is def easier. It took me months to get fast times on the dh. Only about a week or two to run 41 on the uphill. Its fun to run but got boring quick. To each his own  Razz

Heres the thing, (Imma bust out some math on this, proofs and shit)

You started at, Lets call it skill A - therefore your downhill times were slow, same with your uphill.

With getting very fast, your overall skill has improved to Skill B (much better than Skill A), so when you return to the uphill after all this time, your much faster without practicing. But this is cause your overall skill is better regardless of the track.

Same reason why most of the veterans here can hop in a car for the first time and do 35 or 36s in it. We may not have mastered the specific track or car just yet but we are adaptable and can get a handle on it pretty quickly.

_

Street Version Member | Touge Union Founder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
that slime kb
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

@kraze
Well when put that way the uphill is harder if you hop in a rwd. The throttle control required to be fast was a pain at least to me which is why i copped out and just drove the 6. On another note i tried the uh in a bclass 350z with sport tires with stock weight and it felt really good. The nose turns in really well and the heavy weight helped keep traction. Think ill make it an aclass and throw race tires on n see wha it do today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
that slime kb
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 am

Tru dat mind. Now that i dabble in circuit racing my lap times are like 10 seconds faster than before running fujimi. The mountain is like a dojo and all u ridiculously fast ppl are sensei's  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiNd
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 am

I wouldn't say the uphill is easier at all. But it is certainly fun, I like doing uphills especially when its like a tag team thing!

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:54 pm

My first uphill run in a purpose-made car was a 53, so I think it just might be easier for me.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Obelisk wrote:
My first uphill run in a purpose-made car was a 53, so I think it just might be easier for me.

A or B class?

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:22 pm

A class.

Edit: For B class, I remember running a 5:05 once...Not sure.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiNd
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Obelisk wrote:

But you made that first uphill run probably after doing many downhill runs before than... am I right?

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Correct.

_
Hamlet wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?   

Back to top Go down

Am i the only one who feels like the uphill is twenty times easier then the downhill?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1