Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice

Go down 
+2
Mulchy
lBrawnyemperoRl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Empty
PostSubject: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:39 am

Hey guys im strugglin a little to get a decent build and tune for nür in fm5 for c, b and a class

Any pointers where to go first?
I know power is important but which upgrades a go-for-it stuff?

And what about the rumors that heavier cars are quicker on it?
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Grab yourself a heavier car!!!

The Supra, Evo, FD, and the R33 are all good choices. Try to stay between 2,600 and 3,000 lbs. in terms of weigh reduction. Get the fattest rear tires you can and sacrifice a small amount of handling for power.

Bukkaz, Ed, and I have posted top 100 in B-Class.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:53 am

I see ill go and try that tonight then. Which power upgrades would you suggest for those cars?
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:09 am

Exhaust, air filter, cams (depending on rev range), and pistons.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 am

The 370Z, S15, And NSX (NSX is also fairly decent in A class) are good choices too. FM5 makes you get really creative with tuning, especially for the ring.

p.s for B class I am at 56 on the LB, with a time of 07:30.57x. Bukkaz is at 55, with a time of 07:30.561.

p.s.s, I have to counter Mulchy's advice on cams, they are a waste of PI points for circuit racing and circuit hotlapping in most cases. The LB leaders don't use cams very often at all, except for the occasional and very rare instance that they are useful. They are not as good as they should be within forza. If you can, go for a centrifugal supercharger instead. and a combination of engine displacement, pistons, exhaust, and Valves. They all good upgrades and help shed a little bulk. It makes it easier to leave the weight at stock or street level, and improves the overall weight balance.

The things the LB leaders are using at the moment, are the 1.6lt rally engine, or one of the v8 upgrade options (cant remember which one). They are a cheap way to get a fast time though, and it is possible to compete with a cars default engine. My Evo 6 has its default engine, as does my 370Z and so on (Bukkaz knows how fast my 370Z is). The only car I have the 1.6lt rally engine in atm, is a kia cee'd for C class, and I only use it when a particular person rubs me up the wrong way bragging about their C class times. (that isn't aimed at you Bukkaz, its that person I told you about before).
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:22 am

Ok being the noob here ill just give both suggestions a try tonight. Ill post which worked better for me
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Ialyrn is right, I do apologize. Cams are my personal preference because I prefer a higher rev range while they do little to affect the cars power. I would just rather a higher tach'ed car because it leaves more leeway mid-corner.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Race camshafts should be good for Nurburgring though since unlike Fujimi you're mostly lifting off and coasting through corners rather than constantly shifting gears and a camshaft expands your max power curve to keep you from losing speed in the faster sections which is like half of the whole Ring.
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:37 pm

That's exactly why I use them Kraze, but like Ialyrn said they don't do the job they should because they're almost buffed in FM5.

:-(
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:59 pm

That's hella gay yo.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:24 am

Its the PI cost that is the issue really, its far too high for what they actually do for the car. Has been the same in forza for as long as I can remember, its just a waste of an upgrade. Its the way Forza automatically tests the car, it has a far too big of an emphasis on top speed. so for the cost of the Cams, you can probably fit two to three other upgrades to the car; and upgrades that will ultimately prove more useful due to the lower PI cost. The best thing you can do for circuit racing in any forza, is have the tire compound as low as you can possibly go, take the lowest weight upgrade possible, and use Forza Aero to compensate for the reduced grip levels. Crappy I know, but it is what allows one to compete with others in the game; especially if they are using the V8 or 1.6litre rally engine. That 1.6 litre rally engine is very strange as well. It revs to like 7k RPM, but its BHP drops off at around 5,200; so you have to short shift to get the best out of it. As I said before though, I only use that 1.6 rally engine on one car in C class, as I hate cheap wins. Hell, the LB leaders all cut Eau rouge on spa, and pretty much all the corners on Yas Marina. They have far too wide a limit for been off track. I wont cut them for my LB times, if I don't stay within the track confines, then I don't want the time on the LB. I will purposely rewind if I cut a corner and it doesn't dirty the lap!!
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:27 am

So aero is legit in curcuit racing?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:37 am

For pure curcuit racing, and competing with the vast majority of forza players, yes it is legal. For a pure touge battle though, and following the rules set out for Fujimi and nurburgring, that would be a no.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:39 am

Yeah i was avoiding it like a disease because im still used to that
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:40 am

What car are you mainly using atm on the ring?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 am

Still trying to find a main car. Doesnt need to be JDM but the hottest candidate is the FD for b-class
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:49 am

BlAcK Kn1gHt 1 wrote:
Still trying to find a main car. Doesnt need to be JDM but the hottest candidate is the FD for b-class

I will have a run in it later on, see if I can work out a tune that may benefit you.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 4:09 pm

I have an fd in b class and she is so fast
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:10 am

I would suggest an S2000. In Forza 4, it's a solid car. I don't know about 5 since I don't have an XBO, but it should be just as good as its FM4 iteration.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 am

Yeah ive been thinkin bout the s2k for c-class. But its not possible to compare the performance just like that between 4 and 5 since they completely worked over pi and classes

I have a 92(?) nsx for b-class now which is feeling sweet
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Yeah the nsx can corner so fast in b class but it feels like it lacks straight line speed
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm

It runs around 290kmh on the long straight near the finish
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Oh really, what is your build setup on it?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Ill take a look and post it here tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice   FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM5 Nordschleife Tuning Advice
Page 1 of 1