Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slime vs Shark Nurburgring

Go down 
+2
that slime kb
CursedShark15
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Empty
PostSubject: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 pm

Rules:
-Cat and Mouse-A leading car (TBD) will start the round off
-2 Rounds to win
-Full track (Nordschleife)
-Class: B500
-If the leading car outruns by over 120 feet till finish line, round goes to leader
-If chasing car catches up within this margin, round goes into draw and drivers switch positions

Cars:

CursedShark15: Mazda RX-8 R3

That slime kb: Honda S2000 AP2

Let's see who wins in this alternate-styled touge rematch!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/theawesomeness505
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:00 am

Ok cool. Ill let u kno when my live is back on. I might be able to do it today. If not then next week definately.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 am

Regardless when i get it back on we can take a few days to practice if u want so we are at our best
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:15 am

What times you getting on the ring at the moment shark?
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 am

Aight then
@Ialyrn at the moment my best (in a lobby) was a 9 min 12 not sure if that is fast or slow
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 am

Oh damn. Im about 30 secs faster then that. What car were u in?
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:10 am

The rx8 r3
I used race tires and think I need to downgrade and add more power..
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 am

That is very slow for the ring, very very slow. My Bclass time is an 8:39.162 on FM4, not sure what car that was in though, and it may or may not have had Forza aero. The Forza website leaderboards dont always give out all the information. Your fastest is a 9:09.981, according to the website based leaderboards. Doesn't say what car you used
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:46 am

Lol Shark you must have zero experience on the Ring you still sure you want to battle? Also are these times rolling starts or standing starts? I assume the latter.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's a standing start, hence the skewed time. Shark, you should try a flying lap.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:52 am

Yeah it was not a rolling start
No I didn't use forza aero just the re amemiya parts specifically for the rx8
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:57 am

I'm going to take.up this alternate style of touge soon. I'll be on today if you wanna practice, Shark.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 am

CursedShark15 wrote:
Yeah it was not a rolling start
No I didn't use forza aero just the re amemiya parts specifically for the rx8

Ok, I just tested the stock RX8-R3 on the ring in FM4, and bearing in mind I haven't used a controller for any racing games for 6 months, and I hit a messy 9:22 with it stock in C class from astanding start. I did 2 more laps, both flying laps, and I managed a 9:09 on the second lap, and a 9:06 on the third lap. The car in its stock form, is well balanced, with good grip, good throttle response, and good brakes. I think you should take it out for a few laps with it stock shark, practice with it, and slowly upgrade it. Keep a notepad handy, right down the build, the tuning settings, and the times you get with each build/tune. It will help you get better at the track, and will give you an insight into tuning for a circuit like the Nordschleife. This is pretty much the same advice I have Bukkaz for the FM5 Nordschleife, with a few different things added for you. Things are a very different on other tracks, especially when compared with Fujimi. You need to move yourself out of your tuning habits for the mountain, because they will slow you down on the ring.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:31 am

It's tricky because some apexes of corners can flip your car over
It sucks even more because those kinds of corners are found midway-3/4 of the track

Honestly I'd want to finish doing what I can on fujimi before stepping into nurburgring tuning because doing both is near impossible
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:21 am

Surely you can have more time to "finish things" I mean XBL isn't that expensive $10 for 1 more month is reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 am

CursedShark15 wrote:
Honestly I'd want to finish doing what I can on fujimi before stepping into nurburgring tuning because doing both is near impossible

..... ok then, that is the first time I have heard that one lol. Its not that hard to tune for both tracks, but both tracks require an entirely different approach to building a car. The ring is a pure momentum track, so you have to keep your speed up, while not sacrificing too much grip in the process. And as you already found out, you also need more power for those straights. Just don't sacrifice too much acceleration in the process. Baring that, you already have the required skill to go fast in forza.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:33 am

@kraze Yeah it ain't really but schools starting soon and I'm not sure how much time I can dedicate to fm4

@IaIryn imma tune again soon for the nür and go for another go.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:53 am

Ialyrn does have a point about the Ring being a momentum track. I wonder if Forza Aero is allowed in this alternate style.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 am

Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn does have a point about the Ring being a momentum track.  I wonder if Forza Aero is allowed in this alternate style.

Not really needed in B class on the ring. It would only be fair to use it, if it was a requirement for both cars. Otherwise, the person not using it would pull away from their opponent.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 am

I'd like to take a wild guess and say the Nurburgring leaderboards are full of high-power cars.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:06 am

About 445BHP in a lotus esprit 80', with Forza rear aero. They will be using that, to compensate for lower grade tire compounds.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:12 am

I figured it would.be high power. In GT, I always see 600+ HP RUFs that could hit 7:20s, but they're always in the hands of incompetent drivers.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:43 am

Ialyrn u seem pretty well learned on nurb. Wana battle? Same respectfully goes to u too kraze. I just wana go fast and bring some attention to nur
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:05 pm

that slime kb wrote:
Ialyrn u seem pretty well learned on nurb. Wana battle? Same respectfully goes to u too kraze. I just wana go fast and bring some attention to nur

I know my way around on there.

Shark, that is an 8:51.8xx from a standing start, the build is using stock tire compound, street weight reduction, race brakes/suspension/anti roll bars/rollcage. Every spare PI point after that, has been spent on the engine; with a sport centrifugal supercharger for added bite. The car handles really well, holds good speed around the corners, but there just isn't enough room in there to get a decent amount of power in. Unless you can get it down to an 8:46.xxx, or Slime has a very bad day when you race, you will get demolished using that particular RX8. It may be wise to try the other RX8 in the game (lower starting PI), or switch to something else entirely.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 pm

I raced an rx8 r3 and the guy stayed glued to my rear bumper the entire race. Pretty sure i ran a 45 and he ran 8 46 from a stand still. I got the replay too. Im teaching my friend forza and he has a bclass rx8 for nurb and i ran 46 in it from a stand still. Its def a capable machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slime vs Shark Nurburgring   Slime vs Shark Nurburgring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slime vs Shark Nurburgring
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next