Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tsukuba Lap Battle!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

Tsukuba Lap Battle! Empty
PostSubject: Tsukuba Lap Battle!   Tsukuba Lap Battle! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Now I've noticed a significant drop in the activity here at the Gran Turismo section of Touge Union, so I have been thinking of ways to try and get a few of the more "regular" Gran Turismo 6 players together.

It's an idea I used to run with in lobbies back on Forza 4, here are the details.

Best Motoring, Hot Version, Best Motoring International & Hot Version International have been host to loads of different track/lap battles & even touge battles as I'm sure most of you are aware of. Now a lot of these battles took place Tsukuba, a track that also appears in Gran Turismo. (Can you see where I'm going with this?) There are loads of videos all over the net with these battles & the lap times conducted in & I had the idea of us recreating said battles in the virtual world of GT.

Here is an example of a battle:

Now i'm sure you are thinking "There is no Z3 in GT6" you're right, so we'll either find a replacement or scrap it. Also the Celica used is a SS-III, not the SS-II that appears in the game, from what I am aware there are only minor differences between the two.

I have no idea what kind of response this will get, so if you're interested in this, whether you have the time or not, let me know via comment or PM.

Nothing is "set in stone" yet so I'd be happy to take suggestions onboard!

PS: I have run a bunch of the cars from the show around the Tsukuba Circuit in "Time Trial" mode to compare their lap times & performance to the real thing. From my testing I found the closest tyres to the real life ones are Comfort Mediums. Here are the Lap Times.

Tsukuba Lap Battle! Bmi_la10
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuba Lap Battle!   Tsukuba Lap Battle! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuba Lap Battle!   Tsukuba Lap Battle! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuba Lap Battle!   Tsukuba Lap Battle! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 2:05 am

Sounds cool. Are the cars meant to stay stock?
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuba Lap Battle!   Tsukuba Lap Battle! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:48 am

Yes, that includes no Oil Changes or Chassis Reinforcement. Cars that have customizable parts as of stock such as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions have AYC & Subaru Impreza's have a torque splitting device as standard, you are aloud to change the settings on that.

The Spoon Integra had a short ratio gearbox put in it as in the show it had one. but I think I am scrapping tuner cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tsukuba Lap Battle!   Tsukuba Lap Battle! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tsukuba Lap Battle!
Page 1 of 1