Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Initial D Discussion Thread

Go down 
+35
IVYTRAE
Obelisk
BeamierMoth
daikokuten
Touge_Run
Clutch927
Bruno
Steinkrunk
Velarys
V19Triumph68V
bigfoot
skitchin
Hybrid Comet
REBELION LIEZ
xTRSx Unknown
King914
Waffelz
lBrawnyemperoRl
Mulchy
that slime kb
jusputitonmytab
Soldier2DEnd
SaintedPlacebo4
Avanti
Wilson
betadood
StrawberryGL
KraZe
Calsonic
bukkaz
Smooth92
Konasumi
Koolaid
Rotary
MiNd
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Initial D Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:56 am

This thread is to discuss past and upcoming and just everything Initial D!

Be respectful when discussing Stage 5 by putting them in spoiler tags! We don't want to ruin the next episodes for people who haven't watched them yet!

How to use the spoiler tags:

[ spoiler ]Your hidden text here![ /spoiler ]
*the spaces in the brackets need to be removed for it to work*

Example(when the spaces are removed)

Spoiler:

And there you have it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:37 am

Anyone have any idea when ep 3-4 are coming out?

So pumped. afro
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Heres the info from idforums.

Quote :
Information About Fifth Stage
-Initial D Fifth Stage has been confirmed to air the first two episodes on November 9th, 2012, available -through Animax’s PPV program (Perfect Choice TV)
-Fifth Stage will air two new episodes starting on the second Friday of every month. (i.e. Episode 1-2 starts airing on November 9th, Episode 3-4 will start airing on December 14th, Episode 5-6 will start airing on January 11th and so on.)
-There is no confirmation on the number of episodes in Fifth Stage yet.
-Initial D Fifth Stage DVD Vol.1 will be released on January 11th, 2013, which will contain Episode 1 & 2 and some behind-the-scenes footage and commentaries.
-The opening theme "Raise Up" will be performed by m.o.v.e (Official Site) and the ending theme "Flyleaf" will be performed by CLUTCHO (Official Site).
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Where the heck are the cops in Initial D? Shouldn't they have noticed the common streetracing in the mountains? o-O
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Konasumi wrote:
Where the heck are the cops in Initial D? Shouldn't they have noticed the common streetracing in the mountains? o-O

Pretty sure I remember a documentary on Keiichi Tsuchiya, The Drift King, where he basically said that it was like an unwritten agreement, They would only street race late at night when no one drove the mountain and the cops wouldn't get involved.
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:19 pm

That would be so awesome in the states.
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Konasumi wrote:

It wouldn't really work if it had cops, it's better without them, in my opinion.

Koolaid wrote:
-Fifth Stage will air two new episodes starting on the second Friday of every month. (i.e. Episode 1-2 starts airing on November 9th, Episode 3-4 will start airing on December 14th, Episode 5-6 will start airing on January 11th and so on.)

Damn, why does it have to be so far away? Sad

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
Pretty sure I remember a documentary on Keiichi Tsuchiya, The Drift King, where he basically said that it was like an unwritten agreement, They would only street race late at night when no one drove the mountain and the cops wouldn't get involved.

That's awesome, wouldn't surprise me. It's not like they're putting anyone at risk up there.

afro
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:50 pm

It would be cool if they did that in America, but it won't nor should it happen.

Its because back when Touge was becoming popular, like with the cops avoiding the mountain passes purposely, there was respect of the mountain and respect to only drive when it was clear so all that was at risk was their own lives.

The generations around now, in many things have gone downhill, lack of respect and more ignorance. It would never work to try to allow racing. It's like the Drinking age issue, we can't remove it because the younger generation would go crazy with it.
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Yeah, i agree with that Mind.

I don't mean for this to sound ignorant or insulting at all, but Japan tends to have a high level of maturity when it comes to the sport whereas a lot of american kids don't tend to have much sense and would end up killing themselves.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Rotary wrote:
Yeah, i agree with that Mind.

I don't mean for this to sound ignorant or insulting at all, but Japan tends to have a high level of maturity when it comes to the sport whereas a lot of american kids don't tend to have much sense and would end up killing themselves.

I wouldn't just say america, I would say all over, but I would have to agree that some japan seems to have a bit more, but I think thats because they learn from the past, where they have been racing while being respectful
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 8:15 am

what is everyones favorite initial D episode?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 8:38 am

bukkaz wrote:
One one my favorites would have to be stage 4 episode 6, vs the pro racer with the ek9 with carbon hood.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 am

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
bukkaz wrote:
One one my favorites would have to be stage 4 episode 6, vs the pro racer with the ek9 with carbon hood.
Ahhh yeah i remember that episode that was a good one :-) where he turned his headlights off to get beside him :-) my favorite one is when he went against kai kogashua in the mr2
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 am

bukkaz wrote:
Ahhh yeah i remember that episode that was a good one :-) where he turned his headlights off to get beside him :-) my favorite one is when he went against kai kogashua in the mr2
Yeah, I think its my favorite because most battles are split up between episodes where that battle was from the second the episode started until like a few seconds before the end of it.

Also I really liked the FD vs R32 race, especially the close finish!
Back to top Go down
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:42 pm

I love the episode when he turns his lights off lol. I know we are off of this subject, but come on. He got him GOOD. Tbh, I got goosebumps when he turned them off the first time.

Initial D is the ish!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Favorite episode: FD3S vs R34 GTR (Godfoot)
- dat pylon overtake Shocked
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Calsonic wrote:
I love the episode when he turns his lights off lol. I know we are off of this subject, but come on. He got him GOOD. Tbh, I got goosebumps when he turned them off the first time.

Initial D is the ish!
I got goosebumps too! when he turned his headlights on for the first time and forever young started playing i couldnt help but smile Very Happy his face was a picture haha
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:58 pm

KraZe wrote:
Favorite episode: FD3S vs R34 GTR (Godfoot)
- dat pylon overtake Shocked
That was an insane race that R34 could really go! I just don't understand why god arm was sick. What it because of the heat and the pressure added on top of that?
Back to top Go down
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 pm

bukkaz wrote:
Calsonic wrote:

Initial D is the ish!
I got goosebumps too! when he turned his headlights on for the first time and forever young started playing i couldnt help but smile Very Happy his face was a picture haha

Yeah, buddy. Also about your post regarding Joshima, yeah he got sick due to heat and his body couldn't hold out any longer. He might've even gotten car sick. They did 8 rounds.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Calsonic wrote:
bukkaz wrote:
Calsonic wrote:

Initial D is the ish!

Yeah, buddy. Also about your post regarding Joshima, yeah he got sick due to heat and his body couldn't hold out any longer. He might've even gotten car sick. They did 8 rounds.
Yeah i thought so was an epic race. loves the bit where joshima overtook the 86 and clipped the tree. that was awsome
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm liking all the new episodes, but one i really like was during the 3rd stage against the Celica GT-Four.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:22 pm

My favorite episode has to be the Carbon EK9 vs AE86.
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm not sure what episode this is from but the battle against the Evo VI in stage 4. The ones without spoilers.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Rotary wrote:
I'm not sure what episode this is from but the battle against the Evo VI in stage 4. The ones without spoilers.
Yeah I don't know what episode but it was a good race!
Back to top Go down
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Anyone know what episode it was where he turns his lights off? I feel like a dummy for asking lmao.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Discussion Thread   Initial D Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Initial D Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next