Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My dream, Finally realised.

Go down 
+8
Rotary
betadood
Konasumi
KraZe
MiNd
SaintedPlacebo4
Hybrid Comet
Soldier2DEnd
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

My dream, Finally realised. Empty
PostSubject: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Hey guys. Its Leon here and I have been wanting to share this.

I bought myself a new car. In singapore, older cars are rare because we have something called the Certificate of Entitlement. It basically is a permit to own a car and it lasts only 10 years. After 10 years, you have to scrap your car or you can renew your COE for USD$80,000+.

Because of this, cars like the supra, RX7, and skyline are incredibly rare. I've seen 60 Lambos leave Marina Bay Sands on one night but I've only seen skylines on the road TWICE in my entire life. I've seen 12 go through the crusher after being scrapped. I would stand there for hours to see the remains of those great cars after they were crushed. It breaks my heart every time.

There are only 7 FD's, 2 FC's, 5 R34's, 1 R33, 3 S14's and 1 R32 in this entire country I live in.

Now I finally have the chance to bask in It's sacred existence, My R34..

I will protect this fallen angel to my death. I will never let anything happen to it. To take my R34 away from me is like taking my life and soul. Without it, my life is over. Because I will never have another chance to have this angel again for the rest of my life.

THIS is my Angel R34.
http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=309039&DL=1000

Edit* I will post pics on here when paperworks and rego is done. Don't hassle me for piccies lol. Got the camera, ain't got the car. I do apologize for the DRAMA in this incessant thread but tiredness affects my mood quite badly and words could just come out without me thinking twice. Waiting for this thing is like watching grass grow. Damn laws. Can't ever understand their flippity doo-dah.

Last edited by Soldier2DEnd on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Looks good man. Ill give you a big thumbs up for your car, i drive a jdm levin myself. Though im getting kinda bored to fwd cars, so right now im a bit jealous to you Smile
I once almost bought an fd myself, but wankel motors aint the most reliable engines.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Very Happy sweet. but i got to say it must suck that cars older than 10 years get scrapped Sad they are works of ART. They did something like that in the states (at least mine) any car over 25 years old (1980~) (bout 5 years ago now) that was in the junkyard was crushed, junkyards were selling them and ripping them apart for parts. Then they did that cash for clunkers thing which actually hurt the economy instead of boosting it slightly by circulating money. (the math behind that is that because there are less used, cheap cars people that dont have a car simply cannot afford a car at all and therefor loose out on other opportunities etc etc). By your countries standards there about 80,000 X 4 cars X 4 COE's (every car is about 40 years old in my driveway)
roughly 1.25 million USD if i was to be in your country. scary stuff o.o
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Very nice man, R34 is an awesome car, would love to have anything close to that myself
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 pm

$80,000 to keep old cars on the road!!?? That's terrible Shocked to be honest I've seen my fair share of FCs, MR2s, and Z32s but a R34? I've only seen one Skyline in my life and it was a R33 GT-R about 10 years ago. Treasure your car man I know most everyone here is pretty jelly right about now. Laughing What model is it? ER34, GT-T, ...GT-R Question
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Prop gt-t, coz gt-r´s cost like a fortune. Even here in finland iv seen 4 gt-r r34 skylines, thouhg their respective owners are well known to be rich Smile
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:31 pm

i have seen a few on the highway. you will be surprised what you see if you spend 20 hours on I-95 straight lol. there is a guy somewhat near me with a 4th gen supra, jet back oh so nice. but alas the sad 240's are *everywhere* and they all get slammed and primered, and a big ol' rice cooker muffler. oh yeah youre cool.
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Oh my goodness. I would do ANYTHING to even SEE that beauty of a car. Great job man!
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Man I know exactly how you feel. Good luck with your R34, I know a lot of people who would love to own a car like that.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:53 pm

@Kraze It's a skyline 2.5GTT. The previous owner installed an Impul R34 GTR widebody conversion kit on it to make it look like a GTR. I've already ordered some OEM GTR bumpers from japan to complete the look. I also have a GTR emblem right here Smile

Although... I'm kinda strapped for cash so I had to sell my accord. I think I should keep my S15 though. If the 34 breaks, I can drive the S15 and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 am

See about 20 R32s a day where i'm at. And that's if i don't leave my house.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 am

You got an S15 too!? My Status = jelly
Back to top Go down
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 am

@Kraze Nah man the S15 used to belong to my dad. He hates driving manual cars in heavy traffic cause the clutch is heavy. Well that's his fault for making it 400hp. Plus I'm 5'9 so I have to put cushions on his Bride Low max II's.

My R34 costed me 80 grand but thats the money I saved since I was 8. My mom punched me straight in the gut for doing that Smile

@Rotary You can register ANYTHING in NZ. Even cars that could drive on water for god's sake Surprised I saw a weird 3 wheeled car there when I stopped by in the MCM car meet. You can't import anything older than 3 years in silly singapore Mad
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 am

It looks great, I can only imagine how happy you must be with it right now! It's something amazing to say you own a car like that, no matter where in the world you live, and from the sound of it i'd say it couldn't have hoped for a more dedicated driver.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Pictures or it didnt happen.
Back to top Go down
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 am

@smooth

Will be up soon when the East Bear GTR style bodykit ships. You can't put OEM GTR bumpers because you'll need GTR fenders, GTR hood and GTR rear quarter panels.

The OEM route costs $5000+ with 2 weeks shipping time. The one made from east bear Costs me $2300+/- but with 7-8 weeks shipping time.

Car's paperwork is in the process of validation and transfer, insurance paperwork by Aviva is in the works, they have to track down the 5 previous owner's records to affirm that the car was not used in any criminal activity, car must go through a 120 point safety check, car must go through chassis alignment check, electronics check and the final inspection by the LTA and NEA.

The final check consists of the ordinary checks that we're used to. The stupid thing is, replica parts are not allowed. All parts must be made by a branded manufacturer. Hence East-Bear. I'm trading in the IMPUL body with the shop to cut down on prices.

The Bodykit I intend to buy:
http://www.east-bear.co.jp/shopdetail/003001000027/order/
http://www.east-bear.co.jp/shopdetail/003006000001/order/

The workshop that will assemble my kit:
http://www.hks-garager.com.sg/
Cause I don't trust anyone else except for Monster Garage or Fong Kim Autoworks and Garage R. Chose garage r because they have their own paint booth and their experience with rare cars.

12 years worth of paperworks + all inspections = 6 weeks minimum waiting time.
If illegal parts are found, they have to be replaced with OEM parts.
Garage R has a set of grenade gx01 rims that look really similar to the GTR's.

All the above, reason why I'm not online a lot anymore but my younger brother, OreosRawesome is using my profile because his gold ran out. I've got better schitt to pay for. I'm mostly at the campus for my second year. 7am-6pm is no joke.

You can tell that I'm flipping tired and the amount of funks I give is zero.

My dream, Finally realised. Tumblr_liw96nNHSa1qegjfho1_500
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah, you can register most cars, but then we have something called a warrant which the car gets checked out and if it passes it's road legal. Our cars can't even have any rust or a fault window wiper or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 pm

I met the previous owner of the R34. His name is Roy. What a coincidence, that EF civic behind the 34 is the same one from my old school. They must be friends or something. Had a talk with both of em' it turns out that Roy owns an RX7 FC. He said the R34 is a bit sluggish because of it's weight. That's why he's letting it go. I took a test drive in it and it was far from sluggish. Dude must be crazy o_O

Anyway here's a pic for now

My dream, Finally realised. HellotharR34_zpsd5913313

-Sent with my Samsung Galaxy S2
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 pm

My dream, Finally realised. Ncpda
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 pm

KraZe wrote:
My dream, Finally realised. Ncpda
wut
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Konasumi wrote:
KraZe I totally agree with you
Thank you Kona
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 am

If you take a pic with your hand on the front bumper and take a pic I will believe this.
Back to top Go down
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 am

It's his car not mine. AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID. If I owned it right now I'd even put my dick on it and take a piccie. PATIENCE PEOPLE! If you can't deal with that then you might as well go peg yourself from behind. Smooth92 I thought you were cool dude BUT WTF.

Delete this thread already and wait for my new one 2 months from now. What kind of admin I don't even...

1.DELETE THIS THREAD

2.HAVE SOME GOD DARN PATIENCE AND WAIT FOR THE NEW ONE

3.PICS HAVE NOT COME UP YET CAUSE I DO NOT OWN THE CAR. DOWNPAYMENT HAS BEEN PAID.

4.THIS WAS A THREAD STATING THAT I AM GOING TO BUY THE CAR! NOT THAT I ALREADY HAVE. IT.

WHEN... WILL... YOU... PEOPLE... UNDER... STAND!!!!!!!!

5.YOU JUST LOVE RAINING DOWN ON PEOPLE'S PARADES. OH MY, YOU HAVE SUCH AN INQUISITIVE INSIGHT ON SARCASM. OOH HOW CHARMING. IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY THREAD, DELETE IT. THERE'S THE GREEN LIGHT

*DELETE THREAD
*DELETE THREAD
*DELETE THREAD
*DELETE THREAD
*DELETE THREAD
*DELETE THREAD

Mindcharger, if you're reading this, can you do me a favor and send this thread to the abyss? I think it would be for the better of the forum. And quite possibly reduce conflict with a few unsupportive people

Just do it already. Mind, wilson, smooth. Just do it already. This thread will become a "problem brah?" "come at me bro" thread if it continues. I come here with open arms to share news and you guys strike me down with lightning. I just wanted to show you guys the most important thing in my life right now only to be disbelieved and prodded at. My pride is in the gutter. My outlook on you guys have changed. Now you're just a bunch of people opposing me. Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 am

Soldier2DEnd wrote:
I come here with open arms to share news and you guys strike me down with lightning. I just wanted to show you guys the most important thing in my life right now only to be disbelieved and prodded at. My pride is in the gutter. My outlook on you guys have changed. Now you're just a bunch of people opposing me. Goodbye.

I understand being mad at Smooth, but everyone in this thread has been nothing but supportive and enthusiastic about your decision. You really shouldn't let one person ruin your opinion of everyone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 am

Yeah but it seems Kraze and konasumi are both opposing me now. look up there Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dream, Finally realised.   My dream, Finally realised. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My dream, Finally realised.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next