Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?

Go down 
+3
MiNd
Konasumi
GoverningNick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GoverningNick
Water Spiller
GoverningNick

Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Empty
PostSubject: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:38 pm

I don't have a hard drive for my 360, so that obviously gives me limits on the recommended practices, any help?
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 am

The closest thing you can get to racing a ghost would be to study the replays of other users online. Search for runs on YouTube and study them. Look for what kind of line they take and how they work the wheel and pedals. I know there are runs on the Street Version channel and I have some on my channel.

I went back and watched the replays to see what I did wrong. I then applied that to when I was racing. The ghosts that I raced were there to provide me with a solid line through the course and to give me something to chase. I then pushed the limits from there.

That's pretty much it!
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 am

If ghosts aren't an option, setup some checkpoints for yourself.
Honestly when I was chasing 32s and 31s, I probably had 25 points on the mountain where I checked my time to make sure I was on pace etc.

But don't restart if your behind by a second or so, you can always make up time and see where you can improve.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 1:46 pm

^ lol damn! 25 checkpoints? I only got like 10 lol
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:51 pm

I have exactly 10 too lol
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 pm

I only have like 1 checkpoint on the top section, which is the the exit of the last corner before the long straight. But then like 1 checkpoint every 5 or 6 corners.

I didn't set out to make them checkpoints, but many exits of corners I would glance up at the time, and just happen to start to note the time. Figured out the times among the many konalapping sessions lol
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Same here I would just glance at the time at places where I could afford to take my eyes off the road lol
Back to top Go down
japhle
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 pm

looking at your time for a certain section is the best way without having a ghost available for when you're practicing.

You can also change your hud setup to show you a split, like -0.223 seconds ahead of your previous best time,and it'll pop up several times during the run. seeing the green for faster and red for slower is a bit easier than processing the total time so far. I like to have that and no other hud information

Not quite as helpful as racing with a ghost since those you can see exactly how you're faster or slower than it, as well as comparing turning styles to see which is best for each corner. On the B class NDH i've seen how little the overall speed is affected by extra power/extremely low weights.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Less weight > more power
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 2:02 pm

About 10 lbs of weight loss = 1 hp advantage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?   Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any decent replacements for Ghost practicing?
Page 1 of 1