Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hot hachi rocku In my area

Go down 
+4
KraZe
Koolaid
bukkaz
CursedShark15
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

Hot hachi rocku In my area Empty
PostSubject: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:23 pm

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2205512
So I found this guy selling an 86 which looks pretty damn cool in my area. 
The only thing that bothers me is that the thread was posted two years ago. But the author said nothing on the op
This 86 is so sexyyyy Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/theawesomeness505
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Not bad not bad, wing is a little ugly imo but its not for someone who wants it as a daily driver car
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Doesn't bother me much
Oh yeah  definitely not going to be a daily car to drive. 
My bros hyundai ain't a daily car either.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:18 pm

I've met the owner a handful of times.
His build thread, http://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/ae86-corolla-gt-s-daily-weekend-drift-project-356231/
He also used to own a black 240z at the same time.
He had both cars parked behind our car crew back in 09
Hot hachi rocku In my area IMG_9360

Hot hachi rocku In my area IMG_9361

Hot hachi rocku In my area IMG_9354

Hot hachi rocku In my area 58d199a8

Hot hachi rocku In my area IMG_9355

Hot hachi rocku In my area MonFeb22092146AmericaNew_York2010

Last I saw the car and the new owner 6 months ago at one weekly local meet ups.
Might have been thru 2 owners after rick, the current being some kid.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:21 pm

That Z gave me an erection.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Aw man damn.
Not really sure if I'm as interested as I was in that 86 anymore but is the current owner planning on selling it?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:48 pm

If you're looking to buy your first car then I would advise you to NOT consider cars that are over 10 years old. If it's gonna be a used car to use as a daily driver then you want something that you can actually drive everyday not just the weekends. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:27 pm

That Z gave me two...
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Coming from someone who is in the process of buying their second car and is fairly young,

DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP ON YOUR FIRST CAR.

Your best bet is to buy a cheap beater, something preferably reliable and previously maintained just to daily.

After you have a solid car to drive, then start saving for a project car or something new. You don't want to buy a car that needs work, or has unknowingly been worked on by a shade-tree mechanic. Something could go wrong and you may not have the funds to fix it.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Well on the 86 on the link I gave it was about 8k
Coming to think of it, my bro actually used my parents camry le for all high school. Not thebest but still works
Nvm then but still that hachi rocku was pretty cool imo
It is sad realizing if when I age, these hachi rockus would probably be existent. Yeah they might be there but by then, it would kinda be considered ancient.  
Just think about it, the 86 would be about 30 years from initial production.  And that is only sophomore year Sad
If the 86 would be considered ancient by then, what would the z be considered? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:42 pm

These cars will always be around, they will become more and more rare, but that's the fun in acquiring one. All the excitement comes from saving up, purchasing and restoring one. You just have to be patient, driven and willing to spend a little extra for a rare car.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Both cars were sold for a long time now.
Buying a car older than 7 years isn't as easy as it looks unless you pay in cash.
No bank or credit union will approve a car or personal loan for a car 7 years old or older.
You have to be completely spoiled or have had to beg the hell out of your parents to dish out cash for a car like that.
It honestly wouldn't be the brightest idea for a parent to drop 8 grand on a car that old, for a kid who hasn't been the automotive field for too long let alone graduated high school.
For 8 grand, you can buy a practical car that is under 100 thousand miles in decent condition that is still eligible for car loans which is what any smart parent would consider.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:21 pm

The AE86 and S30Z will still remain cult classics for decades to come.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:46 am

CursedShark15 wrote:
If the 86 would be considered ancient by then, what would the z be considered? scratch

The S30Z is considered a rare classic today, especially if it's a 240z. The only way you'll find one that isn't a beater is with around 8-10k in cash and some luck. The 86 is a bit a of a cult car even if they aren't quite as old, and i've found that the people that own them cherish them and won't give them up for far more than they're worth, being a 30 year old corolla.

I'm not going to say that you shouldn't go for it though, because you're only 3 years younger than me and I get why you wouldn't want a "normal" car. I'm lucky to have an eccentric kind of dad who put together the whole deal to get my 280zx when I turned 17, I just gave him the money, we went and test drove it and picked it up for 1,500$. His original price was 2,500$ but he's the negotiating type lol

If you desperately want an AE86 and you're comfortable with it being old and possibly unreliable then do what Beta's been doing for a few years and hoard every penny so that you can afford one when they show up in your state. I'm lucky my Z was so cheap and has been so reliable since I bought it, because I hear that's usually not the case with cars this old.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:23 am

When Lou bought his 86 it looked reliable and ran fine for about a month. Then we had to give it an engine swap because the motor blew on him lol. You just never know what you're getting into.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:28 am

Hence why i didnt pick up the FC as a daily.
I just don't have the time or money for it right now, its just not practical for my situation.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Honestly, since everyone here is talking about getting a daily driver, a good one would be any FWD sedan or two-door Toyota or VW. Honestly, I want to start with an '84 Rabbit, but that's not a possibility, so I'd settle with a Beetle or a Camry.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:49 pm

A good friend of mine bought a 2005 VW GTi 1.8T for $10k at the same time I bought my car. His was a LOT more reliable and streetable than mine but after a year the car started having typical VW engine problems and on a euro parts are a bit more expensive so I wouldn't say a VW is ideal, but they sure are nice.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Daily driver = get a civic

Or you can be a special snowflake like me and DD an old sports car lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Honestly, since everyone here is talking about getting a daily driver, a good one would be any FWD sedan or two-door Toyota or VW.  Honestly, I want to start with an '84 Rabbit, but that's not a possibility, so I'd settle with a Beetle or a Camry.
There are plenty of solid, practical, and reliable daily driven cars that are 4 door, rwd, and awd...

KraZe wrote:
A good friend of mine bought a 2005 VW GTi 1.8T for $10k at the same time I bought my car.  His was a LOT more reliable and streetable than mine but after a year the car started having typical VW engine problems and on a euro parts are a bit more expensive so I wouldn't say a VW is ideal, but they sure are nice.
I hate working with VWs.
They have so many electrical problems...
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Koolaid wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Honestly, since everyone here is talking about getting a daily driver, a good one would be any FWD sedan or two-door Toyota or VW.  Honestly, I want to start with an '84 Rabbit, but that's not a possibility, so I'd settle with a Beetle or a Camry.
There are plenty of solid, practical, and reliable daily driven cars that are 4 door, rwd, and awd...
Isn't a sedan a four-door? I agree with you but I personally prefer smaller FWDs.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:38 pm

A Subaru STI hatch isn't a sedan...
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 pm

It's a hatchback, I know. Sedans are so common it's not funny (Obvious statement), and I'm just hunting for something that isn't a sedan but a nice little car. I'm jealous about the 86 in the OP...whoever has that now is one lucky mofo.
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Get a Saab :-)
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Get a bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot hachi rocku In my area   Hot hachi rocku In my area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot hachi rocku In my area
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next