Share | 

PC Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:09 pm

JESUS CHRIST well I can forget about PC gaming then. I could buy an XB1 + FM5 + a new wheel for less money than that.

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:16 pm

KraZe wrote:
JESUS CHRIST well I can forget about PC gaming then. I could buy an XB1 + FM5 + a new wheel for less money than that.

lol, you have to think of a gaming capable pc as an investment. Plus, they last for years. The most important thing in my opinion is the CPU and motherboard, as they will last a good 8+ years; before needing an upgrade anyway. The graphics card though, is the only real downside to a gaming PC. You would realistically be looking to upgrade in 4 years, 5 to 6 years if you buy a high end one to begin with. That would be along the lines of the Nvidia GTX780 or 780Ti (no point in the GTX Titan, the 780 is very close to the Titans performance benchmarks), or the ATI R9 290 or 290x. The nvidia's perform better most of the time, with the odd exception; but the ATI ones are usually cheaper. The GTX780 will set you back £320 at the least, the R9 290x would set you back around £290 and above.

There is a very very big but on here though, and that is, you can get so many pc games at a discounted price. Sometimes you can get them at a reduced price before they are even released, I got the steam version of Grid Autosport for £20 from Greenmangaming.co.uk; and that was on pre-order! Then there are the sales that Steam do themselves, and even EA with Origin have been stepping up to that plate recently. I managed to get the pc version of mass effect 3 for around £5. There are also Humble Bundles to consider also, another great way to save money on pc games. At the same time, you also end up doing a bit for charity.

By the way, I have a Nvidia GT630 2gb gddr3 in my pc. Was a £50 budget graphics card, and I can run the PC version of watchdogs on it. It looks better than the 360 version (but not by much), and runs smoothly with no noticeable frame rate dips. With a GTX780 though, I could run that game pretty much on ultra settings; and it would look a million times better than the Xbox one/PS4 version. Its just a case of getting what you pay for. The more money you drop into a gaming pc, the longer it will last without an upgrade, and the better the games you play will look. You only really need to upgrade the graphics card, when every new game you buy is set between the "low" and "medium" graphical settings. Between medium to high, its not that big of a deal.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konasumi
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Like Ialyrn said, PC gaming is a good investment. Games are stupidly cheap, and the graphics are much better than on consoles.

My video card is an EVGA GTX 750 Ti SuperClocked, and it retails for about $150. It runs any game at medium-high settings, and I love it.

Don't forget; a PC isn't just a gaming machine. Having a powerful PC can be a great advantage if you take a career/class that requires a snappy PC, such as 3D modelling, media encoding, and other intensive workloads.

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:12 pm

I mean I was genuinely interested in just being a casual PC racer on rFactor, F1 2013 and Assetto Corsa, but those are pretty much the only games I'd play I don't really have a huge library of games on Steam that I've been itching to buy. I guess I just expected to play a few games as a cheaper alternative to buying next gen consoles but it seems I was wrong. Plus I'm still studying in college overseas so it's not in my best interested to buy anything for now. If my computer gets old enough to replace then I would definitely go big and buy something I can use to play with you guys. Thanks for the advice.

_
Miata Gen 2 - 4:31.750 (NDH) || Mazdaspeed RX8 - 4:34.041 (NDH) || Acura NSX '97 - 4:35.869 (NHC)

STREETVERSION | GT: il KraZe li | PSN: StV_KraZe | Fanatec CSR w/ CSR Elite Pedal | K. Huertas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Trackmania is a fun arcade racer you can play.

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:36 am

Assetto Corsa is still being annoying -_-

_
97' Rx-7 FD3S NDH(4:34.656) - CLEAN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konasumi
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Assetto Corsa added the Lotus 98T and fixed up multiplayer! I love it so far.

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, my full on return to pc gaming is imminent. The GT630 2gb that I have been running, is about to be retired to my boyfriends pc; and mine will be running this monster come Wednesday!!!

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx780series/n780tf3gd5oc.html

Comes with a free copy of watchdogs (yay!!!), and I will be checking out Pcars again in a higher graphical fidelity. Fair enough I dont have a wheel at the moment, and my refund from the TX has gone towards the new graphics card. Its a none issue though, as I love the power of a good gaming rig.

Next thing I might do, is get a new Socket 1150 Intel based motherboard; will probably go for this one.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboards/intelsocket1150/z97chipset/z97gaming7.html

Coupled with this Intel I7

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/processors/intel4thgeni3i5i71150/bx80646i74790k.html

And a new PSU to power it all

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupplies/651wto850w/cp-9020056-uk.html

My current system is running an AMD Piledriver FX4300 3.8GHz, with 8GB of Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600. Its a very good CPU, but the AMD motherboards only have PCI-e 2.0; the new graphics card is PCI-e 3.0 compatible. So to get the most out of it, the motherboard will need upgrading. Will take a little time, but I will have a system sooner or later that will mince any current and upcoming pc game!

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDMR
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:57 pm

steam: JDMr86

tho in the works on a pc rig
and my main games I'm just into atm [as rest will kill my current one] are

railworks [google it]
turbo dismount

_
still touge noob, But a weekly show up in Failrace events
ODH B500 - Skyline 2000GT-R [aero] - 3.59.783
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Konasumi wrote:
Assetto Corsa added the Lotus 98T and fixed up multiplayer! I love it so far.

Crying or Very sad 

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 am

Got my GTX 780, all installed right now as I type this, and OH MY GOD!!!! Seriously, not only is it mincing every single game I own including Pcars with everything maxxed out; it is just utterly destroying them. In FarCry 3 on ultra settings with V-Sync disabled, is hitting between 150 and 200 FPS. Black ops 2 with everything on full with V-Sync disabled, is hitting between 200 and 300FPS. and it is the same with every game I own. All the current batman arkham games, tombraider 2013, Need for speed shift, It is even owning Watchdogs, which I got for free with the graphics card. I have had high end graphics cards in the past, but this thing is not only in a different league, its in orbit! I will definitely have no issues playing the newest games maxxed out for the next 3 years+!! I shouldn't even have to think about upgrading ip for at least 5 years. Obviously going to be running my games at 60FPS with V-sync enabled, well baring Injustice; that game hates V-sync lol.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelisk
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:26 am

What's V-sync?

_
Hamlet wrote:
Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:37 am

It limits the game to what your screen is capable of showing, not what the computer hardware is capable of rendering. For me, my screen is capable of rendering 60 frames per second, as it only has a 60Hz refresh rate. So anymore than than 60FPS is just wasted, as my screen cant keep up with the graphics information sent from my PC. A better screen with a 120hz and above refresh rate, would be capable of rendering 120 frames per second. which is perfect for games such as COD; which still uses the quake 3 team arena engine (Id Tech). Games such as watchdogs, tombraider, Pcars, Assetto Corsa, are best off at just 60FPS anyway; any more is just overkill.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konasumi
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Congrats Ialyrn! The 780 is one BEAST of a graphics card.

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Its a great graphics card, definitely worth the purchase. I went for the GTX 780, because it will last longer than a 750Ti or a 760 before needed an upgrade.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:28 pm

God f***** damn xD that thing costs almost 500€ over here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Truth be told, I used the £290 refund from my TX wheel to buy it. Only had to put another £60 towards it, the bulk of it was paid in January, as that is when I purchased the wheel. I got the MSI GTX780 Twin Frozr OC 3GB edition, which was £349.99 from Novatech in the uk.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:07 pm

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konasumi
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Nice choice on your AIO! The H110 is a great cooler.

Also, why not go with a higher end case like a Fractal R4 or 450D? Nothing's wrong with the Spec-03, but you do have some high end hardware in your PC, so a high end chassis would be good as well.

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 pm

To be fair, a high end chassis isn't always needed. A good low/mid range chassis can provide just as good features and cable management as a high end one. My system is currently in £28 novatech cheap case, but mainly because the system was originally built on the cheap; and with a very tight budget.

My current system specs are

AMD FX-4300 quad core piledriver 3.8ghz cpu (codename vishera), with stock cooler atm (till I get the new one listed in my last post).
8gb of dual channel ddr3 pc3-12800/1600 Corsair vengeance ram.
a budget MSI motherboard.
2 6/7 yearold Samsung 500gb 7200rpm spinpoint hard drives, which are still not skipping a beat.
A Samsung dvd writer
and before the GTX780, it only had a gt630 2gb ddr3 in it. (which I might add would still run Pcars, and would even run BF3 pretty much on full graphical settings).

All in all, it originally only cost me £328 just over a year ago. But I am currently using it on my TV, but once I get the PC uprated a little more, I will be buying a good 24inch gaming monitor also.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 pm

lol, I had like 20gb of storage space left on the 500gb hdd that I install all my games and programs onto. I cant afford a bigger hdd at the moment, so I have just set both my 500gb hdd's into a raid 0 for the time being; then reinstalled windows 7. I dont have to worry about data loss, as anything important is stored on external hdd's (music, films, pictures, artwork and so on).

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraZe
King of Eurobeat

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:59 pm

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konasumi
Touge Veteran

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:59 am

Gutter run in Assetto Corsa!

_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:10 am

thats more like a full on ditch lol, cool pic though.

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 am

For anyone who might be looking into building a gaming rig at the moment, there is a ton of fluff floating around regarding possible CPU choices. Most of it is people asking for advice on AMD FX chips, and others commenting that "its a good CPU..... for web browsing, but its a little bit shit and bad for gaming". This just isn't true at all, you only have to look at what my lowly FX-4300 has been capable off to see that. Truth be told, AMD have the best price for the performance than can be had. Intel's on the other hand, have better tech support with things. Such as gaining the newest DDR standards before AMD, onboard wifi, onboard SSD sockets (different from the usual sata based SSD's), and so on.

People are going off synthetic benchmarks far too much, and basing their opinions on those. They are no good when it comes to real world performance however. A top end Intel i7, will only usually gain around 2 to 10FPS in some games, compared to an 8 core AMD FX chip. And in terms of video editing, 2d and 3d work, and most real time applications. The AMD FX chips perform just as good, if not better in some circumstances. A power user will hardly ever notice a major difference between a good AMD FX cpu, and a good intel i7

If you want good bang for your buck, with better multi-core support its AMD all the way. If you really want to have the best of everything possible, with better single core support, intel is the route that you need to take. Besides those two points, CPU choice for real world scenarios just doesn't matter that much.

Oh, and don't buy into the BS that a GTX780 will bottleneck on an AMD FX-8320. For £100 for that CPU, and another £350 for a GTX780, you just cant go wrong!!

_

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC Gaming   

Back to top Go down

PC Gaming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next