Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?

Go down 
+3
KraZe
Edward40Hands
pinoyzn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pinoyzn
Wakaba
pinoyzn

FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Empty
PostSubject: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:08 pm

I do love my MR-S, I was thinking of learning how to alternate through two different cars. As I was thinking a more challenging car to drive down New Downhill, I decided an FD for the downhill. My MR-S was not tuned by me. My buddy ILLMATTICKNIFE tuned that car for me to learn a proper line, throttle control, and braking lines. I want to tune this car myself, but I do not know how. I attempted to tune an FD, but kept getting 4:53 average. For some stupid reason, I sold the car... I just need some tips on this car. I will not resort to aero for this tune. P.S. Sorry for this long paragraph I typed. I just like typing :Pasdfghjkjl;'
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:08 pm

It has been prover SPORT suspension is the fastest FD setup in B class. Which makes your life easy, tuning wise. Slap on some race tires and get it as light as possible. Just setup your tires, alignment, rollbars, and diff. and you're set!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Sport springs and stock transmission with pretty much race upgrades to everything else. Don't forget to turbo glitch the engine, upgrading the intercooler might come in handy too.
Back to top Go down
pinoyzn
Wakaba
pinoyzn

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Will this be a B class still (even with the race tires?). Also, I am thinking of putting an aero wing on the FD to stabilize the car. I know that it is looked down upon the community, but should I?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 pm

You won't learn car control if the wing is doing it for you
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:10 am

The FD is a car with extremely wide tires, it shouldn't be a problem without aero.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:04 am

Yeah even i can keep it straight mostly and i SUCK with fr cars
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:50 pm

There's only like 2 things you can tune with the FD when in its optimum setup anyway. The tune is on the Tuning guide if you'd like to take a look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?   FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FD3S Tuning Tips for New Downhill B Class?
Page 1 of 1