Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green hell touge

Go down 
+3
Velarys
MiNd
Obelisk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:17 pm

I was wondering....does anyone still do touge races on the 'Ring stages? I'm interested in seeing if that's a viable touge area in FM4.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Obelisk wrote:
I was wondering....does anyone still do touge races on the 'Ring stages?  I'm interested in seeing if that's a viable touge area in FM4.
There is good sections, but... since the section starts in like 80% stage C and ends like 70% of stage D, its not something you can make a public lobby for because people won't know to turn around or the section etc.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
I was wondering....does anyone still do touge races on the 'Ring stages?  I'm interested in seeing if that's a viable touge area in FM4.
There is good sections, but... since the section starts in like 80% stage C and ends like 70% of stage D, its not something you can make a public lobby for because people won't know to turn around or the section etc.
But what about the actual stages themselves?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Well since most of stage d is the touge section but you do have the long straight at the end, so really power wins. So the stages all have good parts to them but not the full stage
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:50 pm

So it's more focused on straight line speed...Huh.
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Yeah it is, surprisingly, much better suited to high powered cars. But the fastest way to get round is a fairly even balance between speed and handling. Which is why the '05 Acura NSX is so dominant.

If you know the track and get lucky with passing the power cars you can generally do very well with handling cars (ie, your touge car with sport weight, maybe sport tires and longer gears). You have to use the twisty sections to pull enough of a gap that you're close enough re-pass ASAP after the carousel, then use the touge section MiNd is referring to to pull enough of a gap that they don't catch you before the line.

Just running stage D though, you're pretty much screwed against the power cars. I pulled a 450ft gap on Felon's 350Z last time we raced, and he blew past my DH R34 on the straight.

Regardless, it is very fun and the change of scenery is nice. On top of that it's got nearly every type of corner you'll encounter on Kaido, so it's great practice.

I'm always up for Nurburg runs.

To those of you that know, are the Honda NSX's frowned upon? All I see on the LB are Acura's, Alfa 33's and Esprit's.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:46 pm

I see
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:03 pm

In short, we do Nurburg Touge, it is fun but you usually won't find lobbies because some people don't know the actual section
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Velarys wrote:
To those of you that know, are the Honda NSX's frowned upon? All I see on the LB are Acura's, Alfa 33's and Esprit's.
I'd like to know this too since I'm looking for a change of pace from Fujimi
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm

I'd like to pull one of those battles.
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:29 pm

I used to run stage A like mad before I started racing on Fujimi. Real fun section.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:31 pm

I tried my cars over on that and the new build struggled uphill.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:59 am

With the ring it is considered a momentum track, so you need a good balance of power and handling. You will probably also find that the builds are slightly different compared to a fujimi build. You need to take a more "circuit racing" derived approach to the build and tune, on this track you want to do everything you can to ensure there are no wasted PI points at all.
With regards to the NSX, it is the LB leader on the ring in A class. Doesn't matter if its the Acura, the Honda or the even the unicorn NSX-R GT; it will blow everything out of the water on there. In B class it is any of the older Honda civic's that are the dominant cars on that track, but the lotus elise is a very very close second.

Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 am

Ialyrn wrote:
With the ring it is considered a momentum track, so you need a good balance of power and handling. You will probably also find that the builds are slightly different compared to a fujimi build. You need to take a more "circuit racing" derived approach to the build and tune, on this track you want to do everything you can to ensure there are no wasted PI points at all.
With regards to the NSX, it is the LB leader on the ring in A class. Doesn't matter if its the Acura, the Honda or the even the unicorn NSX-R GT; it will blow everything out of the water on there. In B class it is any of the older Honda civic's that are the dominant cars on that track, but the lotus elise is a very very close second.

The Lotus isn't dominant on the Ring? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:05 am

in the right hands in B class it is almost as quick as the civic's, its all down to the grip the elise has in the corners. It only falls short because it doesn't have enough power output.
I can assure you that it is a highly dominant car on that track, and its the reason anyone using it in a public lobby gets a "vote to kick" as soon as they select it. The same as using the NSX in a public A class lobby. These are the circuit racing lobbys, not the user created touge lobbys.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 am

Oh, interesting. I guess the Twingo wouldn't hold its ground?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:11 am

Since a stock S15 can do this to 2 fully tuned C class circuit monsters with exceptional drivers, I would say your twingo would fall very short on the ring.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:12 am

And my 037 runs a 2:15 on Stage A ._. using a full touge build.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:14 am

What class?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am

B
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:20 am

I will run the "green hell" with you
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am

B-500 lotus Elise without forza aero, 2:09.997 with a quick 60 second track focused build and one run only, replay to follow shortly so you know I am not bullshitting!
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 am

You dont need to prove it we know your fast Smile
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:36 am

Oh you wanna run the ring sometime Ialyrn?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:07 pm

bukkaz wrote:
You dont need to prove it we know your fast Smile
Its not about proving that I am quick in a circuit race, its about showing what the Elise can do. The time I posted is just a one run affair in a very quick track focused build, we all know that if it can do a 2:09 like that just what those LB leaders can do and have done with it.
I will admit that the leaderboards for B class ring sections have changed somewhat since I last looked at them, what with the Lotus Esprit taking the dominant position on section A and section C. Both the Elise and the Civics where in those spots beforehand however.
The Elise is very quick in the corners, which is one of the reasons its looked down upon in the Touge community. Its pretty much a no go car in circuit racing however, with kicking from lobbys and nasty messages a very big certainty in most cases.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green hell touge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green hell touge   Green hell touge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green hell touge
Page 1 of 1