Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)

Go down 
+13
Konasumi
StrawberryGL
IVYTRAE
Obelisk
betadood
MiNd
jusputitonmytab
Clutch927
bukkaz
SaintedPlacebo4
KraZe
xTRSx Unknown
Smooth92
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Empty
PostSubject: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:13 am

I was watching Street Outlaws on the Discovery Channel and it gave me an idea. Its cheesy but I think it would be cool if we had a top 10 list and you have to defend your spot when people challenge you. Some cars are faster than others so we would need certain rules to keep it fair but I wanted to throw the idea and open up for suggestions. What do guys think?

Last edited by Smooth92 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
xTRSx Unknown
Kaido Aficionado
xTRSx Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:50 am

Would be cool but isnt this just a similarity to TXR type teams? It would be fun but some racers just wouldnt be able to compete with other racers (me for example would have no chance at all against alot of touge racers in B class and some in A Class) im down for the idea still just worried that it could cause a lot of tension and drama on being faster than this person and cause seperation. But if theres a way to make it work im all in
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DominusThaDon
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:59 am

Of course it would cause drama unless the original Top 10 were voted for unanimously AND their order were agreed upon.  Although I can't lie that I like the idea of people challenging others for their spot on the board.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:05 am

ORRRRR instead of voting... you have a giant site wide tournament. Make the grid based off of PB's. the last ten in the tourny get the ten spots in order of where they finish.

edit- This could give *everyone* a rank that participates and then it could be like any sport where they have rankings. This would make battling a lot more interesting, especially if you said that to improve your ranking you got to beat some one in an official battle.

Last edited by SaintedPlacebo4 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 am

Sounds like a plan
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 am

In a way we already have that cause most people know who the "top 10" could possiby be!!!!

Sounds like I gotta practice!!!
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:25 pm

I think this was discussed before in another thread somewhere. Beta even posted a top ten list. Can't find the thread though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Things could have changed since then though. A tournament would show where we truly stand
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Tournament rankings wouldn't show were you truly stand though.

Like Ivys competition a while back, Kirk is one of the top drivers, but he lost to felon in the first round.

Also we never had a "Top Ten" thread, but usually newer guys come on the forum and ask whos the fastest, or something similar and usually a similar list is posted.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:51 pm

I think this is the third or fourth thread about this? Well either way here we go again. If you want a top ten list just check the leaderboards and don't count the fake accounts, lotus, or aero times. The only tricky part to this is if someone is much faster on a dirty lap than their clean one. But for consistency's sake im going with clean laps.

1.Konasumi
2.Kraze
3.Mindcharger
4.Edward40hands
5.Koolaid
6.Wilson
7.Betadood
8.MSR hydro
9.Kirk
10.that slime kb

And there ya go, again this is not my personal list or anything it's just the leaderboards.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:56 pm

well thats not how a true tournament works. #1 faces #64. You wouldnt have #4 and #2 in round one. So thats why i suggested ordering up the PB's an then whoever wants to enter is placed in their respective spot. Kind of like the NCAA tournament you dont often see a #32 team in final 4. There would also have to be consolation battles between losers after each round to really give it more accuracy.

Example. lets say there is a 64 man grid. Lets just say every higher ranked driver wins. #1-32 would then continue on their way in the tourny. Then yo could tell the guys who were beaten to race again against another guy that was beaten (based on the grid spots they had) and then that would let you split the bottom 32 into two groups (winners and loser again) and then you are within 16 spots of their actual rank instead of thirty. This would be a big undertaking but its the best way i can think of increasing accuracy of the ranking system. And if you wanted you could do this multiple times after each round with the losers of the round. If you did it enough times after each round of the tourny with each group of losers you would actually eventually get an exact order of who is faster than who (minus any fluke wins)

But i know that is a far to large under taking for something that is as hard to organize as virtual racing. But, that said, if you really wanted a ranking system i see that as being the only way to make it almost 100% accurate and fair.
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:59 pm

betadood wrote:
I think this is the third or fourth thread about this? Well either way here we go again. If you want a top ten list just check the leaderboards and don't count the fake accounts, lotus, or aero times. The only tricky part to this is if someone is much faster on a dirty lap than their clean one. But for consistency's sake im going with clean laps.

1.Konasumi
2.Kraze
3.Mindcharger
4.Edward40hands
5.Koolaid
6.Wilson
7.Betadood
8.MSR hydro
9.Kirk
10.that slime kb

And there ya go, again this is not my personal list or anything it's just the leaderboards.

I don't want to seem like a "D" rider but I thought bukkaz, mulchy, were on this list???
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 pm

How many times do I have to go over this. It's not my list, check the leaderboards.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:05 pm

I wasn't saying you were wrong I was just making a statement on what I didn't see, my b
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:09 pm

I don't think we really need a list, like Beta shows, if ya look at the LB, you can tell there.

As far as a competition, I do understand, but still there are many chances for getting screwed in your bracket. The only way I would saw a competition would be accurate would have a series or league, Therefore having quite a few tournaments and then rewarding points and placements for the next, so on and so forth until you have a championship after a few tournaments.

Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Well with all ranking systems teams or fighters or drivers get screwed. thats just how it is, you will never watch football (college) and think yup those ranks are perfect. or basketball. or even bellator and ufc. the ranking system works to a degree though and it gives incentives teams and athletes.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:31 pm

To be honest, I don't really care where I'm ranked on a board, I just care about how fast I can get cars that I like up and down the hill.  Plus skill can be measured by your PB (taking into account your car of choice of course), time doesn't lie.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:47 pm

^ thats true
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:01 pm

I tried to post a similar idea based off of the 'Blacklist' nature of Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 (Kaido Racer for the Japanese fans). It would be like a sort of scenario along those.lines with every PI up to S class and going through Fujimi and the Green Hell. And as people moved up to the higher indexes the other racers were usually rivalling their specs and speed.
Back to top Go down
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

im #1 read my bio if you dont like it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHZPSeKvQIRRWMpbbHlxwNw
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Haha, Ivy, you'll always be #1 in my heart.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) <a href=Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Awww-h10" />e]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHZPSeKvQIRRWMpbbHlxwNw
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Doing 100 heats in hotlap is much more different than battling each other for ranks. I like the idea of extending it to more ranks so everyone knows where they sit in the community. How it would work is we have a tournament. Depending on how many people sign up will determine how many ranks there will be.

For example, we have 64 racers. After the tournament we will determine where everyone sits in the 32 ranks. Newcomers have to start from the bottom and move up the ranks. If I am rank 12 then I have to challenge rank 11 to move up. Etc.

This isnt a "im #1 drift king I can beat everyone in my evo" thing its just something for fun to see where everyone sits in the community.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:52 pm

I'd be down
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm gonna get off Xbox 'till December so if I don't qualify I'm not even on the list then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next