Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)

Go down 
+7
Konasumi
bukkaz
Rotary
Wilson
Ryosuke Takahashi
KraZe
xTRSx Unknown
11 posters
AuthorMessage
xTRSx Unknown
Kaido Aficionado
xTRSx Unknown

Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Empty
PostSubject: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 am

We all know the New Downhill has more tight corners and doesnt focus on having speed through corners like the Old Downhill also when racing on the New Downhill most touge racers give it about 60% or so in the beginning sections of the course, so when you guys do a battle on the New Downhill what is your strategy when going into this certain section for a battle and where is your point of attack or full throttle so to say?

For me its the in and out section of the half way point (Right before the consecutive corners) as i come to that mark is when i give it full throttle and make my attack on the consecutive turns tho it may seem an awkward and unusual place to make an attack or overtake, it works for me
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DominusThaDon
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 am

I try to run 100% and if my pace is faster, I'll pass him, if not, I'll go for any gap possible Razz
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke Takahashi
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:07 am

That's a perfect place for an attack. Esp if you can go full throttle, and your opponent can't. The next corner is hard braking. If you can out brake the guy going into the next corner, which is easier, it'll be much better for ya.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Insertgamertag
Wilson
Founder
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 am

New down hill coming out of the tunnel on stage b you can run a fast line through left hander and dive down the right coming in to the hairpin.
(P.S dont try this on Avanti)
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am

I wait till my opponent slips off his line a bit and push up inside, either that, or at the steep left and right hander just before the water fall, you take the outside on the left and inside on the right, works 60% of the time all the time.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:19 am

I stay right behind them and apply the pressure and wait for them to make a mistake. If that don't work I normally can get beside them on the bit with the little chicane on and hold me position through it and then out brake them on the right hander just before the hairpin bends
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:53 pm

I usually stay on them and try to stay close and apply pressure on my rival. I try to always get the exit speed advantage in the corner. I always take note of the grip of their car and try to note what they do wrong when they slip and use that to my advantage.
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 pm

To me the key to the new downhill is running a line thats fast, but more importantly, one that sets you up for the next corner.

There are so many corners where you can take a fast line, then ruining your pace by shooting you out in an awkward position to hit the perfect line for the next corner.

New downhill is all about rhythm. When i lead i try to get the win by upsetting my opponents rhythm with my line. Or when chasing by applying as much pressure as i can, or make my opponent to change their rhythm by forcing side by side situations if possible. Forcing a side by side is the easiest way for a racer with battle skill to take down racers who rely on time attack skill.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 pm

I actually really enjoy battles that take strategies to win. But I have quite a few that I have formulated and I really don't have a go-to one, I try to make myself unpredictable Smile

Wilson's attack point is the one I usually use in public lobbies. And it really depends on the race , sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

When I do, either if I'm in front or back, I keep a average pace making sure to keep up or have the follow car keep up. Once I hit the point Wilson said, go 100%. Within 3 corners, usually my car is pretty far away by then, so the opponent can't copy my driving. Actually thinking about it, It is the same technique that happened in Initial D a few times. I'll list the episodes below.

If you have seen stage 4
Spoiler:

If you have seen the current episodes of stage 5
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:27 pm

^♪RUNAWAAAAAY♪
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 pm

KraZe wrote:
^♪RUNAWAAAAAY♪
I was so going to call it the Runaway point lol
Back to top Go down
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 am

To me its the beginning of the new downhill. I'm actually faster than MiNdChArGeR's ghost up to the end of the longest straight. I'm particularly not fast on stage A reverse. So if I screw up the first part of the race, my time would most likely be around 4.41.300. But if everything goes smoothly, then 4.38s are possible. I'm better in hot laps because the pressure in battles get to me significantly.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 am

What car do you use to get them times?
Back to top Go down
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:35 am

I'm using my Toyota MR-S. I'll give you the tune if you want. Plus your character uses this car in Initial D fifth stage so I think it suits you perfectly. I also have a hachiroku for you to try. I remembered getting 4.41.687 in it. Anyhoo just tell me if you want them I'm more than happy to share my tunes and paints tongue
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 am

I will have the 86 tune if you are offering Smile and i will give it a try Smile Thanks for offering me the mr-s but im not so keen on them cars but thanks anyway man Smile
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 am

Using the body roll line,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)   Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Strategy/ Moment of Attack (New Downhill)
Page 1 of 1