Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Someone teach me how to tune please!

Go down 
+5
StrawberryGL
bukkaz
that slime kb
Clutch927
lBrawnyemperoRl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Someone teach me how to tune please! Empty
PostSubject: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:34 am

Hey I really need someone to teach me tuning a car properly. But please spare me theoretics I need concrete expamples what happens when I do what and what I can do to avoid or counter that.

My weak points are suspension (I finally wanna get into race suspensions) and only a tad less gearing adjustments.

Thanks already for your help, it will be much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:49 am

And you didn't ask clutch for help, your mean and I want you to crash your car off FUJIMI, I can help some but I think you should talk 2 mind! He knows a lot

And 40Hands
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:18 am

i could help too Black but only RWD srry Razz 
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:32 am

I will help where I can
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks guys. Most important is awd at the moment for my hillclimb R
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:46 pm

You can't really be taught a universal strategy for tuning cars. It's a long and painful process of finding things that work for you and sticking with it and discarding the rest, and finding out what works can be really unclear.

I'd link you to some real world tuning examples but Forza doesn't really operate within the confines of real world physics so it's pretty much a blank slate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:47 pm

There have been a few cases of real life tuning companies and racing teams actually buying Forza 4 tunes from people for large sums of money lol.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:54 pm

V19Triumph68V wrote:
There have been a few cases of real life tuning companies and racing teams actually buying Forza 4 tunes from people for large sums of money lol.

Citation needed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:56 pm

K, lemme google this shit lol.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Honestly, Its finding what works for you. Then messing around with it.

Like Starberry said, there is no one way to tune.
There are really 3 aspects, the Tune, The Driver, and the Car.

Just like each driver has their own driving style, each car can be pushed further with a certain driving style. If your style happens to be best for that car, you can push the car very far. The tune connects those two aspects and only increases the potential.

When I changed to the Gen 2, My driving style already mostly matched the gen 2 when I started, and the tune I was using was a tune from a gen 1 I just carried over. After learning the car more, I changed my style to better match the car, the tune was also changed a little to make the car more comfortable for me to drive.

So I'm not saying to not learn how to tune, but matching your driving style to the one that the car does best with is where you make a huge jump in times, Tuning can take you maybe 1-3 seconds further and make the car more comfortable and easier so you can be more consistent.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:57 pm

V19Triumph68V wrote:
Even if that is true then those teams must REALLY suck.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Suspension is your weak point?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone teach me how to tune please!   Someone teach me how to tune please! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone teach me how to tune please!
Page 1 of 1