Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wangan Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Well, First thing I will say before I even start proposing this is I know everyone loves drag racing LeMans... But what if we could take a more Wangan like approach to it and not use a straightaway, but use a more winding road (For example maybe one of the back sections on The Ring) And make a sort of Wangan Spec racing (A, S, or R3 class) and do rolling starts n stuff. I know this idea seems kinda dumb to a lot of people, but I think that it could potentially be a lot of fun. Anyways, i'd like to see what other peoples opinions of it are.

Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:48 pm

If it ain't a straightaway then handling becomes more important than power which sort of defeats the purpose of making a top speed wangan car in the first place? Although using the ENTIRE Le Mans track including the straightaway might make things more interesting.
Back to top Go down
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 pm

The wangan isnt just a straight line though, so thats the whole idea. you need to balance your power and your handling.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:45 am

Last time I tried that no one seemed to like anything but doing the straightaway. I do like the idea though.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 am

I like it to. I have to cerrect you though triumph: i found the wangan expressway on google maps and the part thats actually called that is all straight for miles
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:09 am

Knight is right, the actual "Wangan" runs along the bayshore and has multiple lanes that go on for miles with no interruption. The surrounding highways like the C1 loop are the ones that twist and curve slightly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Aww, okay. I was reffering to the Wangan Midnight anime, where they tend to run loops, so the guys that cant take corners at mach 10 always eat the walls. Me n my club used to do this, and did a S700 spec.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Yeah, it's fun to build cars like that for Lemans. A few of us got into it for a while but everyone was having too much fun on the long straight and we didn't really get into the corners, lol.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm pretty sure there's a backsection on the Nurburgring that is still a full throttle fast paced section, but it has a few bends in it, so It could be a ton of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wangan Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangan Ideas   Wangan Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wangan Ideas
Page 1 of 1